Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Kitchen - wrong dimensions....

Options
  • 29-06-2009 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭

Hi

The OH has a query and isn't sure where she stands

Ordered a new kitchen, the new units were ordered to be a certain width (not sure how wide, say X cm) so that she could fit her washing machine into one to get it out of the way (where she got a plumber to install new piping). She received e-mail confirmation of the plans of the kitchen she ordered and they clearly show that the unit is X cm from inside wall to inside wall, i.e. something which is X cm wide should fit in

The kitchen was delivered and she got 2 guys to fit it, they did a great job and the units look great. However they are less than x cm in width!!

She is wondering where she stands here, is it black and white and the shop is at fault or is it a case that she (or the lads fitting the kitchen) should have checked the width before installing?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Dunno if she should have fitted it under the circumstances , you normally have to check these things pre fit .

But if the documents show clearly it is not what you ordered then insist the shop delivers exactly what you ordered and takes teh wrong stuff away and pays for the new fit ...about €500 for that .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Dunno if she should have fitted it under the circumstances , you normally have to check these things pre fit .

But if the documents show clearly it is not what you ordered then insist the shop delivers exactly what you ordered and takes teh wrong stuff away and pays for the new fit ...about €500 for that .

They are fixing it up for her

I actually think it might have been cheaper for them to buy her a new, more narrow washing machine but there you go....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Unless things have changed in the last 10 years but I was a Kitchen fitter myself by trade and I never fitted a washing machine into a cabinet..:confused:

Normally a 600+ mil. gap was left to accomodate the Washer and a door could be hung to cover it.

Advertisement