Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7 Red

• 29-06-2009 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Ive been trying to track down the best deal to buy this. I know its a popular model at the moment and taught some fellow boarders might be able to help.

So FAR I have

Pixmania €362 + P&P €12

expansys €375

Dabs €345 but not in red:(

Camerabox.co.uk £265+ P&P £ 13 = € 336

ukdigitalcameras £279+ P&P £13 = €348

Anyone out there got any suggestions???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

http://www.digital-cameras.com/product.asp?ProductName=Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-TZ7-Red-(Limited-Editon!!)&ProductID=8832

£265 + £8 postage. Dont know anything about this crowd. I checked before on the photography forum and they weren't part of the known sellers list.

Great reviews on this camera and planning to get one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

Looks like ditigal-cameras.com is ran by camerabox which has some terrible reviewed when googled.

Thanks for the help Dazzy, Will let you know when i get mine where i go it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

If you're travelling to the uk or know anyone who is any time soon, take a look in Dixons 'Duty Free' (same price wherever the destination) on the way back.

A different Panasonic model I recently bought cost...
    £235 in Dixons 'Duty Free'
    £269 in Dixons on the highstreet
    £269 ex del Amazon
    €299 Komplett
    €310 Dabs
    €349 PC World Ireland
    €439 Bermingham Cameras (Site quote:"You save: €30.00 (6%)" - WTF!!?!?)

There's probably another few places I forgot to list. Hope that helps!

It is what it's.

Ended up ordering it from Fotosense.co.uk, works out at €320 wit postage. Will post when it is delivered. http://www.fotosense.co.uk/panasonic-dmc-tz7-digital-camera-red.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

I'm thinking of getting one of these myself. Only problem is the cost of spare batteries. They are fairly expensive, something to do with a chip in them afaik.

didnt know abt that reckon someone will either figure out a work around or make a battery which works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

There are 3rd party batteries that are cheaper than the panny ones. But they will only work with certain firmware on the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭20goto10

I've been shopping around for this too. You should try the shops. I've spotted it for €300 (don't know if they had red though). I'm not going to say where cause I haven't bought it yet and don't want it sold out before I get there ;)

edit: dammit it turns out it was the TZ6 :mad: TZ7 was €399 and that was with €30 off!

Yea taught that was too good to be true. €320 is the best ive seen. Got it two days ago, really like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭PadraigL

Hi KingKong

There seems to be 2 red TZ7's on web sites.

1. Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7 Red (Limited Editon!!)
    2. Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7 Red

The Limited Editon seems to be no so bright red where as the other seems to be bright red.

Which one have you and is the red worth getting?? looks wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Picked up a black one of these today for £248 approx €275 delivered from camerabox.co.uk. Great exchange rate right now helps the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

got one of these from fotosense myself in july. best camera ive ever had (albeit im only a casual user) and have found myself using it more trying to get good shots as a result. picked up cheap battery and chargers on ebay

Advertisement