Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Taylor vs. Paul Krugman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭eamonnm79

Cool Video

Krugman on private v Public healthcare was very controversial for mainstram US TV..

He Basicly said that Publicly run health care was way more efficiant in america than Private. 3 v 14 % admin costs.

Perhaps Mary Harney should take note.
    Now she should also seek redundancies from our bloated admin costs, but medicare is a great example of how well run public can be better than private in Healthcare.
    I would like to see universal social insurance come into play in Ireland ASAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

eamonnm79 wrote: »
    Cool Video

Krugman on private v Public healthcare was very controversial for mainstram US TV..

He Basicly said that Publicly run health care was way more efficiant in america than Private. 3 v 14 % admin costs.

Perhaps Mary Harney should take note.
    Now she should also seek redundancies from our bloated admin costs, but medicare is a great example of how well run public can be better than private in Healthcare.

The grass is always greener though. Its all very well saying if you could get a public health care system working well it would work well but the problem is getting it to work well in the first place:P

Our health system is atrocious atm (My grandmother had a horrid experience in hospital yesterday. I know we're all sick of hearing the complaining but it really makes the blood boil:mad:) and something needs to radically change. Is a private healthcare system perfect? Not by a long shot but it is simply impossible for it to be worse than what we have now.

Tinkering with the healthcare system in this country in its current guise is like a putting a band aid over a chainsaw wound. It needs complete overhaul.

Not a big fan of Krugman though, bit extreme for my liking..Id be much more in line with the thinking of economists like Shiller and Akerloff (their new book really made a lot of sense to me and I would traditionally be very free-market orientated).

Advertisement