Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS: Saddle: Specialized Allez Toupe Gel 143 White

Options
  • 29-06-2009 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

I have a Specialized Allez Toupe Gel saddle for sale. It is white and 143mm wide (middle size).

Condition is pretty good though I won't say excellent as the finish of the white material was never a brilliant white even on the day I bought it in Cycleways. It's more of a matt white and I'd say a little bit off-white in the flesh. The photo with the flash on makes it look more brilliant white than it is so I included a photo with no flash and a macro close up to give a good indication of how it looks. There's scratches on the bars from the seatpost clamp but I doubt these can be seen once it's in place.

I used this saddle for a while when going through a phase of testing several different saddles - only when I got a bike fit did I realise the discomfort wasn't due to any of the saddles I tried, it was due to having the saddle too low and too far back. When I tried this saddle with my new setup it was very comfortable, but I'd already bought another heavier spongier saddle by then.

This saddle is very light and based on the amount of them I saw at the Wicklow 200, it's one of the more popular saddles out there as it's surprisingly comfortable for the minimal form and weight.

I paid €88 for it in Cycleways 2 months ago (down from original €119) so I'll ask for €65 or nearest offer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Snapper1

Offer 50 for it FrankGrimes

Can collect in person

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Thanks for the offer Snapper1. If you can go to €55, we'll call that a deal and wrap it up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Snapper1

Deal or no deal at 55?

Deal!

I'll PM you with details. Thanks

PM received and replied to arrange handover, thanks Snapper1.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

Frank if that sale falls through i'll take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Me too! I'd be interested aswell

Thanks for the interest lads, just wanted a quick sale and sold it to Snapper1 this morning

Advertisement