Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Not Buy From Ankermann!!!

Options
  • 29-06-2009 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Just a word of warning: If you like to use your money to purchases actual items and not thin air, do not buy from Ankermann.

I ordered 2 extremly high spec machines (i7, 6GB ram, GTX Geforce) from them on the 2nd June and payment way taken on the 4th. Still haven't received them or indeed an explanation as to why there has been such a ridiculous delay. They replied to my first two emails but I have since sent them 5 which they haven't replied to (in the past 10 days). I feel I have been robbed.

Anyway I will be ringing them tomorrow but heed my words - I have never had to tell people on a forum not to use a supplier until now. I will be going back to Komplett - yes more expensive, but when you send them money they actually send you things in return.

Liam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Just a word of warning: If you like to use your money to purchases actual items and not thin air, do not buy from Ankermann.

I ordered 2 extremly high spec machines (i7, 8GB ram, GTX Geforce) from them on the 2nd June and payment way taken on the 4th. Still haven't received them or indeed an explanation as to why there has been such a ridiculous delay. They replied to my first two emails but I have since sent them 5 which they haven't replied to (in the past 10 days). I feel I have been robbed.

Anyway I will be ringing them tomorrow but heed my words - I have never had to tell people on a forum not to use a supplier until now. I will be going back to Komplett - yes more expensive, but when you send them money they actually send you things in return.
    Liam

What was their response to your first two emails Liam?

Did they say what the delay was?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 iconsolutions

they said they were having trouble sourcing the motherboard I picked out - however I emailed them last week and said I dont mind which motherboard they use as long as it is socket 1366 and supports 6gb DDR3. No reply. As you can imagine the machines aren't for me and the person who is buying them is losing patience. not good given the amount of money involved...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

they said they were having trouble sourcing the motherboard I picked out - however I emailed them last week and said I dont mind which motherboard they use as long as it is socket 1366 and supports 8 gb DDR3. No reply. As you can imagine the machines aren't for me and the person who is buying them is losing patience. not good given the amount of money involved...

I can just imagine the grief you are getting from the customer :pac:

I know you have purchased from them in the past, was that trouble free?

I could nearly understand if they are having trouble getting the Mobo but even an alternative too?

The delay wouldn't worry me as much as the "No recent communication"?

Was there any heated words in you previous communication? & do they not show parts as in or out of stock when you choose them?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

I found that when you cancel the item you waiting for, you get the rest really quick. buy the mobo somewhere else. Komplett has free delivery to the pick up point now.

Advertisement