Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unidentified Strong smell

Options
  • 29-06-2009 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I've got a really strong smell in my house that I can't locate the source of. It's a very strong, stagnant water type smell. Can anyone recommend someone like Dyno-Rod that might be able to help us locate it. I've have all the external drains checked and they are all fine. It seems to be coming through the wall from the adjoining house if that makes sense. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Have you checked all the sink and shower traps are working as they should ? Do you have any sink toilet bath or shower that is rarely or ever used if so the water in the trap might be evaporating and the trap doesnt function. Is the 4 inch pipe from toilets connected to a vent outside? Is there a possiblilty a mouse or somethin has died under floorboards?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MushaNow

Have you checked all the sink and shower traps are working as they should ? Do you have any sink toilet bath or shower that is rarely or ever used if so the water in the trap might be evaporating and the trap doesnt function. Is the 4 inch pipe from toilets connected to a vent outside? Is there a possiblilty a mouse or somethin has died under floorboards?

I've checked all of the drains and there's no floorboards where it is only floated floor. I guess I'm just wondering who I could call to investigate such a thing for me. Thanks tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Pull out your fridge and check the evaporater bowl that sits on top of the motor

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MushaNow

aujopimur wrote: »
    Pull out your fridge and check the evaporater bowl that sits on top of the motor

Got a new fridge/freezer a few months ago - had the smell before that and still have it now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Check your light bulb holders

• Advertisement
Advertisement