Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&S Galway

Options
  • 29-06-2009 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi,
    Im just wondering is the M&S in Galway as good as the ones in Dublin and Cork.
    Would be very handy to call up to Galway rather than Cork or Dublin,
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Ah, no. The M&S in Galway is rather small, cramped with limited stock. The one in the Liffey Valley is unreal by comparison. Where you living?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

We'll have a top class one if the Galway Shopping Centre extension ever goes ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

If you spot stuff online on the M&S website that you like they will order it for you in the Galway store and have it in two or three days. They still charge you Irish prices rather than the sterling prices you see online but at least it means you get more to chose from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Ashfield

Thanks lads,
    Im in Limerick and Cork isnt an option this Sunday with the football final traffic already heading that way,
    Sound

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Ashfield wrote: »
    Thanks lads,
    Im in Limerick and Cork isnt an option this Sunday with the football final traffic already heading that way,
    Sound

Not really my business so tell me to get lost if you like, but what's so special about M&S that would compel you to drive all the way from Limerick for it? I'm 15 mins walk from it and I couldn't be bothered tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Foxerella

M&S best shop by far in Galway. Staff are SOOOOOOOOOOOO helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

By the way M&S in Liffey valley run a mail order service.You can chose stuff online,ring them up and give them the online codes and they will let you pay by credit card and send it to you.Again you pay Irish prices rather than the prices you see online and you have to pay handling and postage rather than a flat "order all you want only pay£5 for delivery" fee but it doesn't work out too expensive.It might be handier than driving all the way from Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

It must be said that there's simply no comparrison to the quality of M&S food when you compare it to Tesco or Dunnes. Especially Meats...but M&S are so darn expensive it's only a place I go as a treat :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If you are looking for school clothes it is fully stocked but otherwise it is a rather tiny M&S .

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I get the feeling it's because it's a UK brand they all love it (teh wimmins).
    I've been in there but could just as well go to McCambridges for delicatessen, or are we talking about the clothes section?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

M&S luxury custard

Now THATS living.

Clogs the heart up but its worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

M&S have an excellent wine selection:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

I was in there about a month ago and the had a "Dinner for 2" offer for about €12.50... included choice of main dinner, desert or starter and a bottle of wine. Food looked really excellent and could feed 3 students easy (add bit of rice if short!)! Fair play to them for sticking to quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Ashfield

cornbb wrote: »
    Not really my business so tell me to get lost if you like, but what's so special about M&S that would compel you to drive all the way from Limerick for it? I'm 15 mins walk from it and I couldn't be bothered tbh...

Two words.....Gift Voucher!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Ashfield wrote: »
    Two words.....Gift Voucher!!

Mmmmmm... gift voucher... lucky you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

What we often do at home is instead of going out for a meal (say €50 - 60 for an ok one), go into M&S and buy that amount of their food. Its usually nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Magnus wrote: »
    I get the feeling it's because it's a UK brand they all love it (teh wimmins).
    I've been in there but could just as well go to McCambridges for delicatessen, or are we talking about the clothes section?

Agree re the food.

But re women's clothing, Irish brands don't seem to know about bust sizes larger than about C, while UK brands do. M&S, Wallis, DP, etc are very useful.
    Or to put it more crudely, Irish women don't have tits, British women do.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

gary82 wrote: »
    I was in there about a month ago and the had a "Dinner for 2" offer for about €12.50... included choice of main dinner, desert or starter and a bottle of wine. Food looked really excellent and could feed 3 students easy (add bit of rice if short!)! Fair play to them for sticking to quality.

There was a time when a packet of Rancheros and a polo mint would feed three students, especially on a Thurs night before heading out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Re Just Mary's spoiler..simply untrue!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

inisboffin wrote: »
    Re Just Mary's spoiler..simply untrue!:p

Agree also. Justmary may be embarrassed in front of the mirror. But, sure, I'm confident they are not too bad!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement