Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Standby timer

• 29-06-2009 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi guys. I'd like to be able to set my laptop to go into standby after a set time for night time music listening. I found this code using google but no idea how to use it. I get that i put it into the run command but no idea where to put the time or in what format. Any help appreciated!
    shutdown -s -f -t time

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved from laptops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

The time is the delay is in seconds. Check 'shutdown' in Help the code you showed works in XP but I've no idea about Vista.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

Open up Notepad, copy and paste the line of code that you have.
    Replace the word 'TIME' with something like '60' (for a 60sec shutdown time).

Save the file to somewhere handy like your Desktop or Documents folder, and call it something like "SHUTDOWN.BAT"

Go into Control Panel > Scheduled Tasks, and create a Scheduled Task to point to your file "SHUTDOWN.BAT", and set the Run time to something like 11:00PM.

'Scheduled Tasks' may not be in the Control Panel on Vista, but try searching for it using the F1 Help screen.

I use this on XP to shutdown my PC automatically at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

What Loveless said is spot on.

Start task scheduler by running 'mmc.exe taskschd.msc' from the start menu.

If you don't want to completely shut down your system you can use the /h parameter to hibernate instead.

Advertisement