Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photography courses???

• 30-06-2009 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hey, new to this site! Just wondering does anyone know of some good photography classes, maybe night courses that are worth doing, in and around the Dublin area??? Living in Maynooth so even one near there??? I've been figuring out settings etc on my own but would like to do a course to help me :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

well, you can ask as much as you want around this forum and people are more than willing to help out.

Is a formal (diploma/degree/etc.) or informal course (short, highly focussed) that you are interested in.

For the less formal, Check out the Institute of Photography - current courses listed here. Others about the place will have done third level stuff and may be able to advise if that is what you are interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mz Lazy

Well any course that would run maybe one night a week would be grand because im starting a new job on friday so wont be able to do a fulltime course, ill check out the site you gave me thanks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

the above site run courses in leixlip so that should suit you perfect been in maynooth.

Well, i had a look at it, the begginers night course seems the best option for me :D and thats great theres one in leixlip thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

I'm starting this one soon: http://www.galleryofphotography.ie/courses/digintro.html. Looked at the IOP course but the dates didn't suit. Reckon both of them will be quite similar as they're aimed at beginners. Might do the creative course at a later date. Best of luck with whatever you choose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 TrooBloo

I'm looking to do a photopraphy course too, I think the IOP courses sounds great but unfortunatley I'm strapped for cash, anyone know of free or cheaper courses?

dont know about any free courses, but some courses are not too dear. if you look around your town there might be some, but beware of cheaper courses, cuz i heard that some literally just tell you how to use a camera to tbh and nothing else. you want to find a good course that'll show you how each setting will take different pics etc but at a reasonable price, thats what im looking for too. The link above seems good, like for the beginners course, one night a week for 8 weeks, it seems to cover everything and its only like 250 or something, so not sooo bad and they seem to run a few of them so you could have a few weeks to put money aside for it. thats what im gonna do i think!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 TrooBloo

Thanks for getting back to me...I think you're right, I'll probably enroll in an 8 week course cause you get homework & notes to work with which is great for filtering the information while you get some practice...I'm covinced, out comes the piggy bank...best of luck with your course

Advertisement