Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which network and price plan?

• 30-06-2009 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

Currently on O2 free texts PAYG.

I have a nokia 5800 and realise to get the most from it you need to be using the internet on it. Id like to check my emails etc everyday on it, but currently get charged 1euro a day.

I mainly text, rarely ring and want to use the net on my phone most days. Im also abroad quite a bit so need decent coverage out of Ireland. My phone is unlocked.

Which network and price plan should i go with?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Given that you want to use data daily but don't like the 99c a day thing that limits you to:
    - all billpay plans
    - 3pay
    - Vodafone prepay ISP APN with 19c/MB.

I would go with Vodafone prepay because
    - 19c/MB on the ISP APN
    - 99c/50MB/daily on Vodafone Live when abroad
    - €20/month unlimited SMS to any network

Others may differ but they're my initial thoughts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Random wrote: »
    Given that you want to use data daily but don't like the 99c a day thing that limits you to:
    - all billpay plans
    - 3pay
    - Vodafone prepay ISP APN with 19c/MB.

I would go with Vodafone prepay because
    - 19c/MB on the ISP APN
    - 99c/50MB/daily on Vodafone Live when abroad
    - €20/month unlimited SMS to any network

Others may differ but they're my initial thoughts.

So its pretty much the same as my current o2, but 19/c MB rather than the 1euro standard charge. Looks like a decent option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You understand o2 only charge you 2cent a kb upto 99cent, its not a minimum charge of 99cent like vodafone.

So if you use 20Kb of data you will still only be charged 40cent

Yah, that'll be pretty much it if you're a texter / data person.

I'd rule out 3 prepay and 3 billpay because I've seen mates abroad with them and they have various problems.

I'd rule out O2 billpay + Vodafone Billpay as you won't get the value for your texts.

Meteor billpay lite with a text addon is an option for you, but data abroad won't be too cheap.

I'm gonna stick with Vodafone Prepay for now I think. See what others reckon when they awake :)

Davy wrote: »
    You understand o2 only charge you 2cent a kb upto 99cent, its not a minimum charge of 99cent like vodafone.

So if you use 20Kb of data you will still only be charged 40cent
    Ah come on now Davy ... for any amount of data it's 99c / 50MB / day. Let's not fart about :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Random wrote: »
    Ah come on now Davy ... for any amount of data it's 99c / 50MB / day. Let's not fart about :)

Just for checking emails tho 50Mb is quite a bit

Davy wrote: »
    Just for checking emails tho 50Mb is quite a bit
    Any amount of emails or browsing and he's hit the 99c / day amount. Any figures less than 99c will never come into play. That's my point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

I'd consider 3pay - a tenner for 1GB/month.

I've used it abroad a few times with no hassles.

Just my 2c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

long_b wrote: »
    I'd consider 3pay - a tenner for 1GB/month.

I've used it abroad a few times with no hassles.

Just my 2c.
    Depends on where you go. I've been in two countries, holland and Switzerland, where it was supposed to work but neither mine nor a friend's worked. Customer care were helpful as always

Advertisement