Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N95 8GB camcorder issue

• 30-06-2009 12:43am
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with the video recorder on my N95. Whenever I'm trying to video anything, the video records for a couple of seconds, then kinda pauses, like it's getting stuck, and then records again. I've tried updating my software, but it still hasn't worked. I initially thought maybe the memory was full, but I've got about 6 or so GB of free space in the mass memory. I've tried all the different video quality settings, and it happens on all of them.

Has anyone here experienced anything similar? If so were you able to fix it?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Do you have the same problem when you record to phone memory instead of mass memory?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Have just changed to recording on phone memory as opposed to mass memory to check. It seems fine on phone memory. So should I record to phone memory and then try to copy the file onto the mass memory? Is this a common problem?

It shouldn't really be a problem. Not sure where to go from here really. At least we're reasonably sure it's a mass memory issue now rather than a camcorder issue (although .. you know .. well.. yah ... ).

The mass memory is pretty much like a memory card in your phone, but permentantly attached.

Do you have a lot of stuff on the mass memory? Would you try wiping it and starting again? (not really a huge amount to this theory other than data may be stored arseways on it and effecting video recording).

Do you have any applications running on the phone that may be constantly accessing the mass memory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

wiped my mass memory when this happened to me and it sorted it out

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Cheers guys, I'll try wiping the mass memory. Now...how do I do that? :o Just wanna make sure I do it right.

• Advertisement

Back your data up to your PC before you start.

Menu > Applications > Memory (it may be in a different submenu, I've customised my menu a few times) > Options > Format mass memory

Splendid! Good as new! :D

Will you be paying cash or credit card? :)

Erm, would you accept payment by cookies? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mac3

hi guys, thought Id add on to this thread rather than start a new one. I have n95 a year now, great phone, no probs, good camera, now its gone bananas, keeps jamming up especially in the gallery (memory problem?) and also keeps dialing 9*9*99*9** or something like that. thought I had a virus, tried taking battery out for 10mins to reset with no avail. dont have insurance on damn thing, and its just 12 mtns old, youd nearly think it was programmed to break down after a year so that youd have to upgrade - even with upgrade I paid €150. phone is on billpay with meteor and dont get me started on them crooks.

any ideas would be appreciated!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Sounds to me like moisture damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

mac3 wrote: »
    hi guys, thought Id add on to this thread rather than start a new one. I have n95 a year now, great phone, no probs, good camera, now its gone bananas, keeps jamming up especially in the gallery (memory problem?) and also keeps dialing 9*9*99*9** or something like that. thought I had a virus, tried taking battery out for 10mins to reset with no avail. dont have insurance on damn thing, and its just 12 mtns old, youd nearly think it was programmed to break down after a year so that youd have to upgrade - even with upgrade I paid €150. phone is on billpay with meteor and dont get me started on them crooks.

any ideas would be appreciated!!

First off, the n95 come with a 24 month warranty from nokia, so you can get it fixed free of charge once you didnt cause the damage.

First thing i would do is flash the phone with new software. You could connect the phone to nokia pc suite, do a backup of your contacts, and then use nokia software updater.

Transfer your images and videos on too your memory card.

Davy wrote: »
    First off, the n95 come with a 24 month warranty from nokia, so you can get it fixed free of charge once you didnt cause the damage.

Good to know, only thing is the phoneis jammed, i cant enter my pin?

cheers!

Good to know, only thing is the phoneis jammed, i cant enter my pin?

Why? does the screen display like normal to enter the pin, but when you press the keypad their is no response?

Davy wrote: »
    Why? does the screen display like normal to enter the pin, but when you press the keypad their is no response?

I get to the enter pin no, type one no and it freezes

I get to the enter pin no, type one no and it freezes

Seems like a software issue. Take the sim out, and try start it in 'offline' mode.

getting further bit by bit, switched it on to offline, connected usb cable and select mode came up for pc suite, when i selaect pc suite and press 'ok' nothing is happening, in the meantime 9* comes up on screen as though i was ringing somebody!!!

thanks for your help bud!

To connect it without having to select ok, you can go to:

settings > connectivety > usb > ask on connection > select 'No'

and select connection mode as Pc suite. Then you should be able to re do the software once its connected. Backup your contacts first.

ah its buggered, if i press any button,even after restarting it, it is redirecting to the images gallery then freezes

You could bring it to a Nokia repair centre. http://www.nokia.ie/store-locator

• Advertisement

will have to, in the mean time i'm going to charge it up to peak, then take out battery for few mins, and see if i can reset it offline as you said, so thanks again......
    watch this space!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 slinger99

Have tried to load films onto my 8g N95 but to no avail...ripped the DVD to WMV file on the computer using WinX DVD Ripper but as I am copying the file to the phone an error message comes up telling me that the file I am copying will be unable to be viewed on the phone and can be copied for storage only.....any suggestions would be much appreciated...thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 wmMagner

slinger99 wrote: »
    Have tried to load films onto my 8g N95 but to no avail...ripped the DVD to WMV file on the computer using WinX DVD Ripper but as I am copying the file to the phone an error message comes up telling me that the file I am copying will be unable to be viewed on the phone and can be copied for storage only.....any suggestions would be much appreciated...thanks.
    It won't play WMV.it has to be mp4.you should check the net for an n95 WMV player.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 slinger99

Thanks, wmMagner I'll convert it to MP4 and give it a crack to-day..thanks

Advertisement