Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst kit car EVER!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

i think you might of just found the worst kit car of all time,there are some sick people out there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

That looks suspiciously like the arse of an MX5.....please telll me someone didn't try to make a Viper out of an MX5 !?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

That looks suspiciously like the arse of an MX5.....please telll me someone didn't try to make a Viper out of an MX5 !?!?

Thats what I was thinking when I say it...but then again a 2.8 MX-5...hmmm...it *could* be fun even if you look like the saddest person on earth while you have it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

The state of it! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

The worst thing is there is someone out there now that is going to fork out close on 20 grand for that piece of sh!t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Cartell is coming up with a Fiero Kit car. Can't find any info on what it's based on though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

That thing makes Richard Hammonds Hyundai S coupe look good..... (Last sundays Top gear)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

front is ok but the arse is nasty..imagine what else €20k would get yea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

It absolutely baffels me why someone would do something like this. I have to laugh every time I see an idiot driving a clapped out MR2's tarted up to look vaguely like a F355. It fools no one and looks rediculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

"No Time Waisters" - says it all for the quality of the ad eh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Penrose

YUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

s_carnage wrote: »
    The worst thing is there is someone out there now that is going to fork out close on 20 grand for that piece of sh!t.

Anyone willing to pay 20 grand for that deserves to be driving it.. and looking like a complete idiot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

All those mr2 ferraris look like piece of art now :D.

It this climate, you really think he can get any buyers for that crap?

Pictures are awefull, All car loks like it was stiched from 2 parts.

p.s. wount it be cheaper to import one from usa? They cheap as dirt in there now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

Simply Horrific

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

That cheered me up this morning, ahhh class.

chavs2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭aravan

I think its quite a good replica.
    Here is the original.
    http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-1990-1999/1995-Dodge-Viper-RT-10-red-st.jpg

Based on a 2.8 ford granada or chevrolet corvette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

EPM wrote: »
    ..... even if you look like the saddest person on earth while you have it...

Which is the case !! Saw this beauty on the road over the weekend... Complete with pumping tunes !! What a mess !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

"No Time Waisters" - says it all for the quality of the ad eh?

Or test pilots... Ya'd want your head tested to buy that heep :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

ive seen that car in person (atleast im sure its that car, 04D possible dodge viper in the same colour scheme) , it lives in castleknock, if its the same one it doesnt look bad in person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

aravan wrote: »
    I think its quite a good replica.
    Here is the original.
    http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-1990-1999/1995-Dodge-Viper-RT-10-red-st.jpg

Based on a 2.8 ford granada or chevrolet corvette.

IMO there is no such thing as a good replica. You might succeed in fooling an 8 year old that you are driving a Dodge Viper but you will never be able to escape the fact that you are driving a Ford Granada. In the end it's no better than a replica watch, sunglasses, jeans etc - cheap and tacky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    IMO there is no such thing as a good replica. You might succeed in fooling an 8 year old that you are driving a Dodge Viper but you will never be able to escape the fact that you are driving a Ford Granada. In the end it's no better than a replica watch, sunglasses, jeans etc - cheap and tacky.

Sorry, thats BS, here's a very good example

http://www.dupontregistry.com/AUTOS/BLOG/post/2008/10/21/Man-builds-Countach-in-his-basement.aspx

And I'm sure there's more. Granted the one in the OP is pure muck it does look a bit like the original Viper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

The only decent replica's imho is the AC COBRA ones properly built with a proper v8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

just wow..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

ronnie3585 wrote: »

There are some excellent replicas available eg the Dax Cobra or the Chesil Speedster (Porsche 356). At the end of the day it all comes down to the workmanship during the building process and the quality of the parts used ,as to whether the end result looks tacky or cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭aravan

I don't really have an opinion one way or the other regarding kit cars. The only point i had on this is how is this the ugliest kit car ever as per the original post when its as good as identical to the car it is copying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Some nice GT40 replicas around too, not all replicas are rubbish. But the car in the OP is terrible:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

"Manufacturer's" web site...

http://www.fierofactory.com/venom.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Some nice GT40 replicas around too, not all replicas are rubbish. But the car in the OP is terrible:D

Like i said , worst kit car EVER! :D

I am not a fan of kit cars, but if you do it, atleast do it with god quality, like that lambo was done.

Thought i would newer ever own an replica... Its like W*nking, the action is there, but pleasure is crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I think some people here are getting "kit" and "replica" mixed up.

The car in the original post is a kit car, there's a difference between them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

2 Espressi wrote: »
    "Manufacturer's" web site...

http://www.fierofactory.com/venom.html

If the quality of their website reflects the build quality of their cars, stay away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Quint wrote: »
    If the quality of their website reflects the build quality of their cars, stay away!

They do this one too:
    euro427.jpg

And i am sorry but i kind of like:confused: that one....

Advertisement