Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Vodafone a rip off?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Vodafone screw their customers over when they upgrade so now I only buy mine unlocked or buy it- Sony Ericsson w595 on the cheapest network and get it unlocked. My advice is order it online from Meteor (€139.99) and move your number to meteor and you'll get upto 120e call credit for moving. If you're not happy with Meteor then you can get the phone unlocked in an unlocking shop for about €10-€25 and move back to vodafone. Give Meteor a go and see how ya fair out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mmg2711

Thanks, that's what I will probably will try. It makes no sense to buy from Vodafone at their prices. It really is a rip-off when you can acquire an unlocked handset cheaper than a locked Vodafone handset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

the W595 is actually €149.99 on meteor, also if you move your number over from a different network you are eligible for the grand sum of €131 call credit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

ecell in England on ebay have unlocked W595s for about £160, delivered this will be about €200. They are sometimes slow to dispatch though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Prepay bonus credit is going to come down in a huge way over the next while, €5 will probably become the norm for networks as Vodafone and O2 are both giving this now, no more 100 bonus credit for phones, its just not worth it to the networks when it could be spent on other offers for customers like free texts and such,all that has to be paid for somehow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Ya vodafone are the most expensive and don't have the best coverage. Really depends on the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I honestly believe they've the best coverage (except 3G) but I dont buy my phone from them anymore as they're too expensive, I buy it on the cheapest Network and unlock it, cos i always want my phones unlocked anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Nationwide they used to have. They have taken down a few masts. Some areas O2 are better and others Meteor are better. Nationwide perhaps they may still have the best but it's not 99% like the boasted about 4-5 years ago.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

krudler wrote: »
    Prepay bonus credit is going to come down in a huge way over the next while, €5 will probably become the norm for networks as Vodafone and O2 are both giving this now, no more 100 bonus credit for phones, its just not worth it to the networks when it could be spent on other offers for customers like free texts and such,all that has to be paid for somehow

It's a killer really. When Vodafone introduced their 5euro credit we checked our records and saw that herself had gone three years running solely on bonus credit. That was when you could get credit every month without topping up and new batches could run concurrently (buy phone with 80 credit in janaury, buy the same in february etc etc)

Now it makes no sense to buy a PAYG phone unless you need an actual phone.

Advertisement