Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bernie Madoff

• 30-06-2009 1:44am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

So the whole thing was his fault eh?

thats it we have someone to blame for the current Financial crisis, he's gettin 150 years in jail, right everyone feel better now, it was ALL his fault, no need to investigate any further, go back to sleep, here watch american gladiators

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,517 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Emmm.
    No one is blaming him for the financial crisis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I see no CT here or anything constructed in a way which warrents discussion. If I'm wrong then start a new thread with a better thought out opening post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Blame point for future reference, if a CT POV is required

what 'event' started WW1

what 'action' started WW2

What caused teh First great depression????????

as we look back from points in the future we find the requirement to pin large chunks of 'detail' on single events/persons, as a mechanism for understanding.

I's jus postulatin that MADdof mightbe our 'McGuffin' for futureexaminers of these events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Kama

Bernie is a scapegoat, I think it's fair to say there was a conspiracy of sorts here. It strains credulity to think that he and only he did it all, he (imo) is taking the fall for others.

As you say, it's also useful in a PR sense to string one guy up, and then feel we've somehow cleansed the financial system, or shown what you get for white-collar crime.

Stories go better with faces, rather than patterns of behaviour...or are more digestable. Less nutritious though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

So the whole thing was his fault eh?

thats it we have someone to blame for the current Financial crisis, he's gettin 150 years in jail, right everyone feel better now, it was ALL his fault, no need to investigate any further, go back to sleep, here watch american gladiators
    This is the first time I have read about someone blaming Madoff for the recession.

I still can't get over how his name sounds like 'made off'.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Just watch Gordon, its not so apparent now but give it a year or two when we have 'recovered' and are looking back to 'fully digest' the events, Madoff will be rolled out as the example of where it all wentr wrong, and people will just Make Assumptions, no one left in the financial systems will want to correct them, as it would suit them just fine, by then they will be able to link how their customers losses were also tied into the Madoff losses and everything gets neatly explained away in one paragraph in the history books, anyone questioning this version of events gets labeled a Tinfoilhat Kook, and its business as usual for the Sheeple

Advertisement