Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honduras???

• 30-06-2009 1:48am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

Caught some of this on the news last night

WTF is going on, the telly seemed to suggest that this referendum had been run but the web says that it hadnt, so whats the story, what the US position on this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

emmmmm care to enlighten me to what you are talking about??? or what we are supposed to be discussing??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

The putsch / revolt / coup which is going on in Honduras at the moment, I would guess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Yep, Obama says he backs te president,Prez intends to return tomorrow/tonight, Chavez also expresses support, shighetfighte may occur,stay tuned to the Skibbereen eagle for updates :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Jocksereire

rockerfellers school of americas installing another one of their trained new leaders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

OK, I'm confused. Who's the bad guy here? I'm getting mixed reports and it's confusing me. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

humanji wrote: »
    OK, I'm confused. Who's the bad guy here?

America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Kama

Hmm, so let me get this straight:

Zelaya gets elected, and is praised by Castro, Chavez etc. Joins ALBA.

Zelaya attempts to repeal term limits, which is unconstitutional.

Poll is called on changing the constitution.

Congress and supreme court say no, screw-you-senor-power-grab,and the vote was to go down on Sunday.

Michelletii is then installed by the army, claiming that he assumed power not "under the ignominy of a coup d'etat...[but]...as the result of an absolutely legal transition process".

Everyone from Chavez to Obama says 'That's not cricket, lads...'

Looks like an honest-to-godfvck civil war in the making...Army elements unsurprisingly linked to School of the Americas...I mean The Hemispheric Security and Democracy Protection Organizationof DeathSquads Who Like Puppies.

Other chunks of the army (4th Battalion) taking the other side. Feck.

Advertisement