Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pillow to stop you from overheating?

Options
  • 30-06-2009 2:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

I often find myself overheating in bed and can't sleep. I remember watching TV a good few years back, and they were selling some sort of pillow that remained cool to keep your head cool, allowing you to sleep? Does anybody know of such a thing or why I'm consistently overheating (i drink water, leave the window open but i'm still too hot).

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Perhaps you just need a thinner blanket or one with a different cog value? And don't have a sheet above you. I have a similar thing, I have an incredibly hot body and it just seems to get worse the less I wear in bed! I think a very thin blanket some nights is best, I don't know anything about this cooling pillow. try cold water in a hot water bottle. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

, I have an incredibly hot body
    :-)))

Hi OP,

Your looking for a Chillow. I bought one about two months ago: http://www.chillow.co.uk/2008/template/

they are not as cold as you think, so every morning, i pop mine in the fridge and its baltic for bedtime :D. Best thing iv bought in years !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Perhaps you just need a thinner blanket or one with a different cog value? And don't have a sheet above you. I have a similar thing, I have an incredibly hot body and it just seems to get worse the less I wear in bed! I think a very thin blanket some nights is best, I don't know anything about this cooling pillow. try cold water in a hot water bottle. :pac:

I swear, that's so true! The less clothes I wear, the more I tend to overheat?

Gaz, thanks a million. That's the one. :D Will order one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

For a cheaper option just flip your pillow over to the other side, works for me!

Advertisement