Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treating Dog's Bed For Fleas etc.?

Options
  • 30-06-2009 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

I got Frontline for my dog yesterday. I don't think she has fleas but I like to treat her so it doesn't become a problem.

However, it was suggested by the girl in the shop that I also treat the dog's bed. She said they had no products for treating it though (some help!). I was just wondering if anyone knew of any method or spray or something I could use to treat the dog's bed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

If it's machine washable put it in at 60, that's what i do. Have cotton padded beds, cats washed monthly, dogs more often as they're messy pups.
    There are also sprays and powder you can buy, but i find keeping dogs and cats free of fleas and washing bedding works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Got some spray last night for a tenner or so in Petmania. Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

You don't need to treat the bed unless there are fleas on it and if your dog doesn't have fleas now just regular frontline or advocate once a month will keep them at bay. If you patch test an area of the dogs bed the frontline could be sprayed on the bed as well don't see the harm and as said washing blankets etc. at 60 will kill off any nasties. I tend to hang out blankets for up to a week or more depending how bad the hairs are and let the wind blow the living daylights out of them and then wash them.

Advertisement