Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total Xposure on TV3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

It isn't even a bit of entertainment, sorry this show is out of my ..... anything really now that I think of it. (You could be right I may have been watching in 3e)

If they are all qualified what is the point of this show?

Link to their website http://www.tv3.ie/shows.php?request=totalxposure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Qualified in the sense that they seem to have relevant experience!
    Some of them anyway! There's a few people in there that have never been on tv before - recognise a few of them from the Wannabes show!

Should be interesting to see what the first show is like anyway ... all I've heard is there's plenty of tasks and challenges ... probably things like reading things to camera from memory, or with an amazingly fast auto-cue!

I've done TV presenting in college and it's actually a lot harder and less glamourous than it seems!

basquille wrote: »
    FYP!

It is in the reality forum. Also The Den have been running a children's version of this show for the last 3 years. Guess who's the judge?

I reckon it's going to be quite entertaining!

The Wannabes show was pretty good on Sunday... knew a couple of people who's auditions were shown!

Should be interesting to see what the first episode is like ... All I've really heard is it involves tasks and challenges ... and that they axe 10 people from the show :eek:

I think it might be ok! It might have more appeal with an Irish audience because it's more localised than American Idol, X Factor and the likes! Plus, we're such a small country - we're bound to know someone in it, or know someone who does!

The Wannabes show was pretty good on Sunday... knew a couple of people who's auditions were shown!

The Wannabes show was dreadful.

I will give the main show some credit before stating that that was any good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

Should be interesting to see what the first episode is like ... All I've really heard is it involves tasks and challenges ... and that they axe 10 people from the show :eek:

I think it might be ok! It might have more appeal with an Irish audience because it's more localised than American Idol, X Factor and the likes! Plus, we're such a small country - we're bound to know someone in it, or know someone who does!

I do and she's been telling me of the cringy stories already, some of the tasks are cringtastic. I feel for her cause she actually really wants it but has to jump through hoops to get it. Regardless it should be hilarious to watch and laugh at

requiem1 wrote: »
    I do and she's been telling me of the cringy stories already, some of the tasks are cringtastic. I feel for her cause she actually really wants it but has to jump through hoops to get it. Regardless it should be hilarious to watch and laugh at

Well, c'mon! It's a presenting job - it's highly sought after it and it's hardly going to fall into someone's lap without a bit of hard work and ... cringtastic-ness!

Yeah, I reckon it should be good!

I don't think the wannabes show was as bad as it's being made out to be - every reality tv programme has one and it's often the part that gets the most viewers ; seeing the people who did well ... and the people who missed the mark by a long shot!

She mentioned to me her fear of it going to public vote which I think would put a nice evil spin on the show

She mentioned to me her fear of it going to public vote which I think would put a nice evil spin on the show

Who is this she?

Oh, that's confirmed! The final two are going head-to-head in a public vote to decide the winner.
    Elmo wrote: »
    Who is this she?

If you look at today's Mirror, you'll see the final 10 - five girls, five guys ... so you have a 1/5 chance of guessing the right girl :p

• Advertisement

Well i can't say in public given she wasn't supposed to even talk to anyone about it however I can get someone to vouch that I'm telling the truth. Give me a sec

If you look at today's Mirror, you'll see the final 10 - five girls, five guys ... so you have a 1/5 chance of guessing the right girl :p

So are you telling me that I have a 1 in 10 chance of guessing who the new presenter of that fantastic show xpose is?

Well i can't say in public given she wasn't supposed to even talk to anyone about it however I can get someone to vouch that I'm telling the truth. Give me a sec

That's a wise move - Everything's been kept very hush hush! The press have had access to very little information up until the past few days.

Regardless, I think tonight's show will be very entertaining! Can't wait to see what happens and how the challenges go...

So are you telling me that I have a 1 in 10 chance of guessing who the new presenter of that fantastic show xpose is?

Well, if you want to look at it like that! I know who I'm banking on already - I reckon 3 of them have a good shot at it.

Regardless, I think tonight's show will be very entertaining! Can't wait to see what happens and how the challenges go...

You are really building this show up way too much.

You are really building this show up way too much.

Well, I'm passionate about it for a reason, or reasons, even!

It's a good chance for people to experience what it's like, to work in the media and to see it's not as simplistic, or easy as people believe.

It's reality TV, which has a stigma attached to it ... but I reckon it'll also enlighten people, to a certain degree.

That's a wise move - Everything's been kept very hush hush! The press have had access to very little information up until the past few days.

Yeah the last thing i want to do is ruin her chances, I'd be a crap mate if i named and shamed. I'll try to be the eyes and ears for you all. That is if she updates me with anything:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Well for a start you've narrowed it down by saying she!!

And yes, he does know her. I'm not as good at keeping my mouth shut on things like this so i'd better leave the thread now or i might rob Xpose of half their ratings. And they can't afford that seeing as nobody takes the show seriously anyway! My mate was modelling hats on it and was even too embarrassed to tell anyone!

Well, I'm passionate about it for a reason, or reasons, even!

It's a good chance for people to experience what it's like, to work in the media and to see it's not as simplistic, or easy as people believe.

It's reality TV, which has a stigma attached to it ... but I reckon it'll also enlighten people, to a certain degree.

Whatever about the reality side of this show RTÉ did it about 7 years ago. Why not just do a Fly on the Wall doc on the xpose team as they look for a new host :eek:

People know work is work.

Yeah the last thing i want to do is ruin her chances, I'd be a crap mate if i named and shamed. I'll try to be the eyes and ears for you all. That is if she updates me with anything:D

Ah, I doubt you'd ruin her chances! Their names are all out there anyway - and the press are having an absolute field day today, no doubt!
    Well for a start you've narrowed it down by saying she!!

And yes, he does know her. I'm not as good at keeping my mouth shut on things like this so i'd better leave the thread now or i might rob Xpose of half their ratings. And they can't afford that seeing as nobody takes the show seriously anyway! My mate was modelling hats on it and was even too embarrassed to tell anyone!

Haha, aww! Nothing wrong with a bit of Xpose - the content is a bit stereotypical, but it's good if you do have a bit of an interest in fashion etc!

• Advertisement

Haha, aww! Nothing wrong with a bit of Xpose

Yes indeed once a week would be plenty you should tell TV3. :)

I think tv3 realise once a week is enough, they tried to launch a younger persons expose and no one would fund it.

I think tv3 realise once a week is enough, they tried to launch a younger persons expose and no one would fund it.

??????? Advertising. A young people's expose? Isn't Xpose not young and hip enough?

Yes indeed once a week would be plenty you should tell TV3. :)

It's your suggestion, not mine! Wouldn't want to steal your thunder! :pac:

I think Irish TV's in a bit of a sticky situation at the moment,as is everything, given the recession. The funding just isn't there, so it's hard to get anything comissioned, I'd imagine.

No one's really up for funding a new idea they're not sure will work, which is why I think Total Xposure is going to be interesting - it's taking a risk and doing something relatively fresh.

I think Irish TV's in a bit of a sticky situation at the moment,as is everything, given the recession. The funding just isn't there, so it's hard to get anything comissioned, I'd imagine.

TV3 did not commission anything during the Boom-times, and yet the seem to be making more of an effort now.

TV3 did commission anything during the Boom-times, and yet the seem to be making more of an effort now.

Thinking about that, I'd imagine it's because it's harder to create revenue now, post celtic-tiger.
    Money's not as free-flowing as it was.

I think Total Xposure should be a good show - The media industry is very competitive in Ireland, would be interesting to get an insight into it and see what's really involved, from an insider's perspective ...

I think that they first need a production company to fund it and then TV3 have to give it one of its prime slots and then the advertisers come in. So i think the initial setup costs of doing it on a trial basis outweighed the potential return.

Thinking about that, I'd imagine it's because it's harder to create revenue now, post celtic-tiger.

I think Total Xposure should be a good show - The media industry is very competitive in Ireland, would be interesting to get an insight into it and see what's really involved, from an insider's perspective ...

666th post spooky

Sorry I did re-edit my last post. TV3 did notcommission much programming during the boom years. It is only recently that they have started to commission shows. Also Xpose is not a commission it is an in-house show, not sure about Total Exposure.

• Advertisement

Sorry I did re-edit my last post. TV3 did notcommission much programming during the boom years. It is only recently that they have started to commission shows. Also Xpose is not a commission it is an in-house show, not sure about Total Exposure.

Total Xposure is a TV3 production, just like Xpose.

It would hardly make sense for them to allow an outside organisation to create a programme, to be sold back to TV3, based on one of their own shows!

Advertisement