Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left For Dead 2

Options
  • 30-06-2009 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Anyone going to purchase L4D2? I heard many are not due to the fact that they are unhappy with the content released for the first game, personally I am going to buy it, How about you?

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Apologies for below. I just think another thread on this will not be constructive. :pac:

normal_search-button-for-dummies.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Penrose

Oh sorry I was just playing L4d and it poped in my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Penrose wrote: »
    Anyone going to purchase L4D2? I heard many are not due to the fact that they are unhappy with the content released for the first game, personally I am going to buy it, How about you?

I only just bought the first one.

Would find it hard to justify forking out full price just to be able to hit zombies with a frying pan!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I said this in the lengthy thread we had about this already, but what the hell: I've gotten so many hours of fun out of L4D that it owes me absolutely nothing, and am definately going to buy L4D2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

L4D is fun and all but I don't think new campaigns will add much to the experience or new characters since you play the characters.

I think they'd be better off improving the current one by releasing more phrases for the characters to say and allow third party mods to focus on new campaigns with maybe a map pack release or something.

I think they could get away with charging for the map pack if they are stuck for cash.

A whole new release seems to be more about saving face.

I'd be mad if I bought the first L4D and expected the same updates as they did for TF2 but TBH I never really expected that for L4D.

I don't think L4D has much lasting appeal myself. It is fun every now and again but its no TF2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

ITT people whine more about L4D2.

To answer the question, yes I'm buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

As soon as it becomes available for pre-order I will be buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

thebman wrote: »
    It is fun every now and again but its no TF2.
    Yeah, it's a good two or three times better.

I didn't warm to the idea of a sequel so soon when I first heard it. I still think incendiary rounds are the stupidest concept ever to grace a game.
    But Valve said to trust them and I've no reason to doubt them so I'll be picking it up at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

everytime i think of L4d2 i think of

Malibu Stacy with !NEW! hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

i'll buy l4d1 when it's less than 20 - it's still full price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

MooseJam wrote: »
    Should've made use of their discount weekend. Was only €18 then.
    Worth more than that though considering how much I've played it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Seifer wrote: »
    Should've made use of their discount weekend. Was only €18 then.
    Worth more than that though considering how much I've played it.

ah bummer - i usually check their weekend deals dont know how i missed

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I'll be buying it immediately, and I'll be hooking it up to my veins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

MooseJam wrote: »
    There you go.
    http://www.g2play.net/store/Left-4-Dead-UNCUT-VERSION-Steam-Key.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Will be buying out of principle, that it's a ****ing Valve game... that used to mean something to people. One of, if not the, best game developers there is or ever has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'll be picking it up straight away too. There hasn't been a game since COD 4 that I've logged so much hours with. For that reason alone I'll be dipping into the new game for some new content and hopefully the same amazing (possibly improved) gameplay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Left for Dead 1 is like crack - looking forward to left for dead 2

Advertisement