Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

huge spider in my kitchen!

Options
  • 30-06-2009 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

So last night (around 11pm) I walked into my kitchen to make sure the back door was locked before going to bed. Turned on the light and hobbled in (on crutches at the mo) barefoot. I looked down at the last second and very nearly stood on this HUGE spider! :eek: Now I'm absolutely sh**less of daddy long legs, never mind this! I nearly broke my neck trying to get back out of the kitchen on the crutches :pac:! He ran away into a hole in the skirting board and hasn't come out since.
    Anyway my question is what is the biggest native spider to Ireland? This thing was black, quite fat, about the size of my palm when in a defensive mode, legs curled up. Much much bigger than any spider I've ever seen and was sure nothing as big could be native! :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Penrose

sadhbhc15 wrote: »
    So last night (around 11pm) I walked into my kitchen to make sure the back door was locked before going to bed. Turned on the light and hobbled in (on crutches at the mo) barefoot. I looked down at the last second and very nearly stood on this HUGE spider! :eek: Now I'm absolutely sh**less of daddy long legs, never mind this! I nearly broke my neck trying to get back out of the kitchen on the crutches :pac:! He ran away into a hole in the skirting board and hasn't come out since.
    Anyway my question is what is the biggest native spider to Ireland? This thing was black, quite fat, about the size of my palm when in a defensive mode, legs curled up. Much much bigger than any spider I've ever seen and was sure nothing as big could be native! :confused:

I once found a giant specimien of a house spider in my kitchen, it was so large when it fell you could hear it falling on the wood, I felt so sorry for it that it had no food so I put it out in the garden, it died of the cold the next morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭sineadCharl

That's disgusting!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭sadhbhc15

I got such a fright, I swear I stopped breathing! It really was disgusting - give me a mouse any day instead! I just can't get over the size and speed of it. The worst part is I don't know where it is now .... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

sadhbhc15 wrote: »
    I got such a fright, I swear I stopped breathing! It really was disgusting - give me a mouse any day instead! I just can't get over the size and speed of it. The worst part is I don't know where it is now .... :(

This is why I love my cat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭sineadCharl

See that freaks me out. He scuried away! God knows where he is now. Same happened to me years ago...couldn't sleep for days lol! I am terrified of spiders! Oh and snakes. Used to work with a girl who had a snake!!! Very very strange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RaeRae

Love massive house spiders. So cute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭jimmyskank

Advertisement