Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless modem/router

Options
  • 30-06-2009 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if you could recommend a wireless modem/router to me, I am at present using an old D-link which is starting to give trouble and its not supported by d-Link anymore so no official firm ware upgrade plus there is an known bug with the model that you cannot connect a Nintendo DS/DSI to it (daughter not happy) so it’s time I think to bin it and move on.

I will be running a desktop PC plus a laptop and my Xbox 360 for some online gaming and of course the daughters DSI.

I don’t at the moment need wireless N but I was thinking for future proofing it would be wise to pick one with this feature.
    I am on BT ADSL2/2+ with 3mb down but would hope to increase this in time.
    It would be nice if it had both 2.4/5 GHz but this is not a must.

So that is my wish list anybody got views on makes or models at good prices?

Cheers,

Mark.

Advertisement