Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 has stopped working for no reason? HELP!

• 30-06-2009 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi, i woke up the other morning to find my n95 8gb playing an mp3 and the alarm clock at the same time, i then tried to turn off the alarm and not one single button would work. Tried taking out the battery and turning it back on but it then says " continue n95 in offline mode?" Can anybody explain this, as when i went to bed it was a1 and never had a problem before. Its beyond me how this has happened and i dont fancy a huge bill to fix it.

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Can you select yes / no to the question on loading? The question itself means little, just click no if you can and you should be back up and running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

eoin4789 wrote: »
    Tried taking out the battery and turning it back on but it then says " continue n95 in offline mode?" Can anybody explain this,

When you took the battery out, did you take out the sim to and not put it back in?
    When you are asked about 'offline' its when the sim isnt available, but you can use all the functions on the phone except calls texts etc that you the network connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭eoin4789

no as in the buttons will not work whatsoever, if the sim and battery is in it says continue working in offline mode but it wont let me select anything and just stays on that screen, when the sim is out and battery in it goes straight into offline mode in the phone ie the home screen but you cant do anything here either?? Sim works perfect in another phone btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

eoin4789 wrote: »
    no as in the buttons will not work whatsoever, if the sim and battery is in it says continue working in offline mode but it wont let me select anything and just stays on that screen, when the sim is out and battery in it goes straight into offline mode in the phone ie the home screen but you cant do anything here either?? Sim works perfect in another phone btw

Leave the sim out, turn the phone on and try do a backup of the contents using pcsuite, and then reflash the phone with the firmware.

http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-and-software/download-software/nokia-pc-suite

Advertisement