Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

opinions on this deal?

• 30-06-2009 10:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    My wife wants to get herself her own car, she's never had her own before and relies on borrowing mine or her mother's so she's had enough of that carry on.

Anyway, we were in Dublin over the weekend (we're from Galway, where used-car selection is not that great IMO), and while we were up there we had a nosey around some of the big dealerships.

We both spotted a very tidy looking 06 Fiesta Zetec/Steel, it looked in great nick and its only got 20k kms on it, the interior spotless, and exterior in very good shape too, just a few minor marks on the alloys. It looked like it did a few runs to the shops in its first 3 years.

The sticker price on the car is €8,500. When we got home, we spotted it on carzone for €7950 "straight cash deal". So herself contacts them today and they are not budging on that... in the end after some persuasion he said €7750 but that's absolute bottom dollar.

Just wondering if people think that's a reasonable deal? Similar aged-cars (with bigger miles and worse condition) are going for at least €1000 more around here, if not more. The local Ford garage here said no way could he do a 06 for that... so I'm thinking it's probably not a bad deal?!

One thing I'm seeing is that smaller cars such as this are holding value pretty well in this downturn... my own car, a Golf GTI has dropped it's value like fricking rocks, whereas the kind of car my missus is after haven't dropped nearly as much.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Prices on this fiesta went down only becouse a new shaped one came out. Prety simple.

In carzone.ie theres loads of them even for 6.5k-6.75k ( dealers and privates). So i dont know if that price is that good m8.

Was it diesel atleast then?

Now which ever car you touch now, it goes down in value like rock. I wouldnt pay much attention to it anymore, as soon as you will buy it, it will drop in value. car is not an investment m8 :(.

So in short: Does he give you:
    full nct?
    some tax?
    some warranty?
    full tank?

Then: Check atleast one more fiesta from carzone.ie before making you make your mind.

And as you need to travel all way to dublin for it, and its not even cheapest on carzone by far... I would not call it a great deal m8 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Here's an 06 asking €6450: http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200926194398359

Doesn't seem to have a/c, though - was that an option on the Steel? I would have thought it'd be standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

actually forget my previous post... look at the state of the engine! Coolant bottle must have blown up or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

No, none of them have air-con, I've checked that out, and not even 2007 Steel models had aircon. They have a sunroof and 16" alloys alright, but no chilled air! This is a pity, as she's used to having it in my car and finds it good for her hay-fever but its not a total deal breaker.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to post an autotrader link, but we're looking for least amount of hassle possible, going to Dublin is hassle enough in itself. Also, the one in that link is not comparable spec-wise.

Oh, its a 1.25 Zetec (which all Steel's are as far as I know).

The dealer is doing a 1-year warranty, it's fully serviced and 2 new tyres are on it.

I'll have a look through carzone now again though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

JoeA3 wrote: »
    No, none of them have air-con, I've checked that out, and not even 2007 Steel models had aircon. They have a sunroof and 16" alloys alright, but no chilled air! This is a pity, as she's used to having it in my car and finds it good for her hay-fever but its not a total deal breaker....

2007 Steel II models sometimes had a/c and a sunroof. As it happens I know someone who has one. Good little car it is too.

Advertisement