Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Malaysia in August

Options
  • 30-06-2009 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

I'm moving to Malaysia in August. Not sure we're i'll be based either KL or KK but if anyone has any tips/advice, they would be greatly welcome :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 superreds12

Hi Sinead,

I am living here in Kuala Lumpur for the past fours years, I am sure you will really enjoy Malaysia once you get here. Not sure what tips you need but if you have any specific questions I would be delighted to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭sineadCharl

Cheers for posting. I was reading some expat forums and was shocked to see loads of stories about how bad the crime is in Malaysia. What's it like in KL? Do you travel around much? also, what's the broadband like? LOL! sorry loads of questions there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 superreds12

Sorry about the late reply, although there are some cases of snatch theft etc. I would worry about it at all and once you are carefull you should be fine. Have been here quite some time now and have never had any problems. I try to travel whenever I can get the chance, its relatively easy and cheap to travel around the region. Airasia.com do very cheap flight to most destinations. Broadband is available everywhere with most bars and resturants also having free wi-fi although the max speed you can get is probably 1MB. So you shall be working as a teacher here? how long to you plan on staying out here? I am sure you will love it once you get here. Cost of living is relavtively cheap btw.

Advertisement