Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New EU Directive on Roaming

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

Davy wrote: »
    The €1 applies from network to network, thats the max they can charge each other. The plan is to half this to 50cent next year.

Can you clarify that a little further. If for example, I connect to say the Movistar network in Spain and download 1MB of data, it looks like I will be charged €10.24 by Meteor. From what you say, Movistar will bill Meteor €1 for the web connection and Meteor will pocket the rest.. Is this correct.

But surely, the purpose of the EU directive is consumer protection and not a method to ensure that your mobile service provider gets to keep a higher percentage of your bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Leeside wrote: »
    Can you clarify that a little further. If for example, I connect to say the Movistar network in Spain and download 1MB of data, it looks like I will be charged €10.24 by Meteor. From what you say, Movistar will bill Meteor €1 for the web connection and Meteor will pocket the rest.. Is this correct.

But surely, the purpose of the EU directive is consumer protection and not a method to ensure that your mobile service provider gets to keep a higher percentage of your bill.

Yes, your correct. Its easier to police calls and texts, data infrastructure isn't at the same level and not used as much yet. In time as things improve this will drop drastically. They are probably making more on this when they can, and making less on other tariffs.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Not in place with O2 yet , I just got charged €36 for 4.2MB .:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

sharkman wrote: »
    Not in place with O2 yet , I just got charged €36 for 4.2MB .:eek:

Data should be €4.98 a MB. So €36 is wrong. Have you checked if anything else is included in the price?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Davy wrote: »
    Data should be €4.98 a MB. So €36 is wrong. Have you checked if anything else is included in the price?

Just placed a call with O2 (nearly flipped) after I saw roaming data 11.51MB €97.85 before vat . They will get back to me in a day or two . Dont know what my iPhone was up to in the North . :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement