Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VRT Appeal

• 30-06-2009 11:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My dad is looking at importing a car from the UK.

I just used the VRT calculator and the VRT comes in at 25k. However, this is based on the open market selling price of €95k.

On carzone similar cars (2008 6 Series) are €65k. Brand new 2009 6 series are around €95k but the 2008's are €65k.

If he appealed the VRT saying that the open market selling price is ~30k less could he get a reduction in VRT?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

He would have to pay the original VRT amount and put in an appeal afterwards and wait for a refund if it is sucessful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

EPM wrote: »
    He would have to pay the original VRT amount and put in an appeal afterwards and wait for a refund if it is sucessful

Is there anyway of determining if the appeal would be successful or not? (if the appeal failed he'd be over budget so it would have to be successful for him to be able to afford the car)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

To be honest I'd send them an email with your VRT quote and links to similar cars for a lot less and ask then will it be changed as it's wrong. I did this before and they did adjust the values on the calculator - for an 04 645 actually :D

they had them valued at about 65k and the cheapest on Carzone was 30k

steve06 wrote: »
    To be honest I'd send them an email with your VRT quote and links to similar cars for a lot less and ask then will it be changed as it's wrong. I did this before and they did adjust the values on the calculator - for an 04 645 actually :D

they had them valued at about 65k and the cheapest on Carzone was 30k

Hi steve,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you happen to have the e-mail address you wrote to?

I've looked on the Revenue site, including this page https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/showVRT but can't find much in terms of contact details (except for individual tax offices)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I'll have to pm it over to you this evening when I get home if that's ok...

• Advertisement

steve06 wrote: »
    I'll have to pm it over to you this evening when I get home if that's ok...

That'd be great - thanks a mill

Advertisement