Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

crasher gave me wrong number

• 30-06-2009 11:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

I dropped my friend of at knock airport. I drove to the exit gate where you put our ticket in to lift the barrier. There was a car in front of me so i stopped and waited. The car in front was having trouble with the machine and without looking the lady reversed into my car damaging the front of it. As this was my first ever incident i was not sure what to do. We both got out and assesed the damage. I took her phone number but I cannot get through to claim back what it will cost to get the car fixed. I have feeling she has pulled a fast one! I did however take down her reg plate number. With this in mind is there anything i can do to track her down? Would the cops be able to do it for me?Called knock airport to see if they have cameras at the gate which may have captured the crash

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I would get on to my own insurance company and explain, they should be able to track her down with the reg?

If something similar happens again get the details of the insurance disc on the other car as well as the reg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Sorry to hear about your accident... at least no one was hurt...

If i was you, I would contact my insurance company give them details and get their advice on where to go.
    I would also contact the Garda, give them details of the incident, reg number of her car, and phone number she gave you, and ask them can they look into it and get a report out of them, with her insurance details
    Contact the car park company and see about what you need to do to get a copy of the accident on their cctv....

with all that info you should be fine....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm not familiar with Knock but they should have CCTV covering the entrance/exits. Maybe give them a call.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Contact airport security giving the time etc. and also the cops.

It may have been an innocent error - you may have written the number down wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Good advice so far!
    I think its always good to whip out the camera phone and take photo's of these instances, pics of damage,insurance discs in windscreens,reg plates,the road etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

cheers guys

Cant really cll my Ins Co as having an issue with them at the moment. Would rather deal with this another way if possible. I am awaiting a call back from Airport security to see if there is any footage of the incident. I had hoped to be civil about it so she would not lose her no claims hence not getting her insurance details(did not think it would cost so much to fix either) but as she is trying to screw me i have no other option than to go to the cops. Worst thing is is that i lost my job and cant afford to do it myself and have NCT in two weeks!!

Will be going to Knock cop station asap to report it.

What a cheeky mare eh giving me the wrong number. So glad I took down her reg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think its always good to whip out the camera phone and take photo's of these instances, pics of damage,insurance discs in windscreens,reg plates,the road etc etc.
    This is the very reason I have a disposable camera in the glove box ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Magnus wrote: »

yep have one as well......would recommend everyone to have one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

In the car rental biz, we used to leave them in cars for this very purpose - they're great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

frag420 wrote: »
    cheers guys

Cant really cll my Ins Co as having an issue with them at the moment. Would rather deal with this another way if possible.
    You have to inform your insurance company if you're involved in an accident. Do it straight away, it's for your own protection.
    frag420 wrote: »
    I am awaiting a call back from Airport security to see if there is any footage of the incident. I had hoped to be civil about it so she would not lose her no claims hence not getting her insurance details(did not think it would cost so much to fix either) but as she is trying to screw me i have no other option than to go to the cops. Worst thing is is that i lost my job and cant afford to do it myself and have NCT in two weeks!!

Will be going to Knock cop station asap to report it.

What a cheeky mare eh giving me the wrong number. So glad I took down her reg.
    As Henry Ford III said, it may have been an innocent mistake. Still, i'd be pushing the Gardai and airport security as a matter of priority - those cameras don't keep the recordings for ever. Hope it all works out for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Get this reported asap op.
    As its your word against hers, and you've reason to believe she's dishonest, what's to stop her from claiming you drove into her??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Magnus wrote: »
    Most decent phones at this stage will take a good picts. Was invaluable to me last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Report the incident to the Gardi - they shoukd have no problem tracking her down from the reg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

You'll get the details from the reg, but if you want footage get onto Airport security *soon* as it's possible the recordings are only kept on the DVR for a limited period of time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

kbell wrote: »
    As its your word against hers, and you've reason to believe she's dishonest, what's to stop her from claiming you drove into her??

This could be important. It could easily be argued that you shunted into her. Hopefully there's CCTV footage and getting in touch with the Gardai and the insurance co sooner rather tha later may help your case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

It would be funny if you happened to get cctv footage and she then tried to say you drove into her.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭mark1974

kbell wrote: »

Dont want to frighten you but something similar happened to a friend. A woman when to far into a yellow box and then reversed back into him. She is now saying it was his fault. Hardly any damage done to the cars but a messy court case ahead.:(

Advertisement