Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help finding Akai APC-40

Options
  • 30-06-2009 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Im just about set to buy one of these

just wondering have any of you guys seen one of these in a shop anywhere in Ireland? If you have and can remember the cost that would be great too. Dont matter where it is i will travel for it.

Also if anyone has used one and could give me an idea of what you think that would be great too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

I havent watched that video before.. That controller looks Sweet!!

Really like the Step Sequencer / Max feature at the end.

V.cool :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

ICN wrote: »
    I havent watched that video before.. That controller looks Sweet!!

Really like the Step Sequencer / Max feature at the end.

V.cool :cool:

Ya i cant wait to get one.. Just sold one of my technics to buy one..

this guy does a bit more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

I tried to get one in Ireland a few weeks back and couldn't get one anywhere. I tried Futuresounds, Music Maker and X-Music. No joy. I eventually got one online from hard to find records in the UK(www.htfr.co.uk). I reckon Future Sounds (www.futuresounds.ie) would be your best bet if you want to buy in Ireland. The other shops didn't really even know what it was when I spoke to them.

As for what it's like, well excellent. Up and running immediately and controlling all my instruments very quickly. Great usual AKAI build quality and very few issues. I'd like to be able to select return tracks and a little more feedback as to what instruments / devices I'm controlling but they are minor gripes. The step sequencing with MAX will be the icing on the cake. I haven't done anything too fancy with it yet but there are plenty of tips on youtube and akai's site to get the most out of it.

pm me if you have any more questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭splitrmx

http://www.thomann.de and http://www.musicstore.de both deliver to Ireland.

splitrmx wrote: »
    http://www.thomann.de and http://www.musicstore.de both deliver to Ireland.

Yeah they were the first places i tried but both are out of stock and cant give a date for next delivery..

Thanks anyway..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

Studio Solutions (Irish Company) are listing it now:

http://www.studiosolutions.ie/prodView.asp?idproduct=2980

hubiedubie wrote: »
    Studio Solutions (Irish Company) are listing it now:

http://www.studiosolutions.ie/prodView.asp?idproduct=2980

Ya i was in email contact with them but they are looking for €485 and wont have any in stock till next week.. they also said they are getting 4 in next delivery and 3 are pre-sold.. dont matter i bought one off ebay the other night got it for €334 delivered..

Any way thanks for all your help guys..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

as cool as it looks i gotta ask what use will it have for production?
    its more a controller for live performance id imagine.
    im sure people will say its great for jamming but what will it do for you when you have your idea and are getting round to arranging,mixing down etc

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭splitrmx

seannash wrote: »
    as cool as it looks i gotta ask what use will it have for production?
    its more a controller for live performance id imagine.
    im sure people will say its great for jamming but what will it do for you when you have your idea and are getting round to arranging,mixing down etc
    I think it'd be great for production. Anything that forces you to move away from the traditional piano keyboard or computer keyboard and mouse method of entering notes will make you work differently and come up with things you wouldn't have done before.

It's like using a hardware sequencer as opposed to a DAW for midi, the hands on approach generates different results.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

splitrmx wrote: »
    I think it'd be great for production. Anything that forces you to move away from the traditional piano keyboard or computer keyboard and mouse method of entering notes will make you work differently and come up with things you wouldn't have done before.

It's like using a hardware sequencer as opposed to a DAW for midi, the hands on approach generates different results.
    hmm cant see how it will to be honest.i think of a melody,i play it/enter in the notes,job done.
    it may benefit some people but i cant see how it would help ,nothing in the videos really made sense for production.

maybe i got it wrong,maybe he wants it for a live performance tool.
    not trying to rain on his parade,was just curious as to how he was going to use it.:)

• Advertisement

seannash wrote: »
    hmm cant see how it will to be honest.i think of a melody,i play it/enter in the notes,job done.
    it may benefit some people but i cant see how it would help ,nothing in the videos really made sense for production.

maybe i got it wrong,maybe he wants it for a live performance tool.
    not trying to rain on his parade,was just curious as to how he was going to use it.:)

Oh def sean ill be using it in my dj sets.. especially loops and stuff i have created myself. what better way to know if a track works.. just throw parts of it in the mix..

as for in the studio it just kinda suits my workflow better as i dont have a clue how to play keyboard or the like so it just suits me better to be pushing buttons as oppossed to keys..

plus ive taken to ableton like a duck to water so i really want to have this to just see where i can go with it..

it has huge potential for the studio when ran with max/live.

Advertisement