Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap Skoda Octavia's

• 30-06-2009 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

Hey. Im reading alot about skoda octavia's being cheaper than most cars, but from what I can see, their mostly the same price. Im looking for a octavia estate. Are they cheaper in places like the continent, and not so much here?

I kinda thought I might get a 06 or 07 for e7,500k. From peoples experience is that realistic?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Cheaper new translates into maybe 2k ish cheaper than the equivalent Golf and some extra little bit's of spec.

This is the cheapest available online to meet what you want, some of the more expensive ones may be acheivable. You may need to compromise on price or year to get a good one as your expectations may be slightly high.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Skoda/Octavia/1.9-TDI-/200922192901256/advert?channel=CARS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

You can buy a new Skoda Diesel for say around 22k and the comparable Golf diesel for say around 28k.

I would rate the Skoda Octavia as a better car for value for money.

Its got the same underpins and engine and gearbox and it has loads of room in the back seats and boot place is huge. Interior is nice as well

So your getting alot of bang for buck.

Try UK for one. English perceive Skoda as a poor mans car.

Skoda is not the same brand it use to be and really gives other European car makers and real run for their money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Check out www.briskoda.net as well, some very very nice UK turbo wagons on there...

Having sat in a few, I'm finding it harder and harder to justify the VW premium. I'd love to get a decent VRs TDI estate in black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Thanks for the reply guys. Ill have a look around English websites, see what they have. Have either of ye seen someone buying an second hand skoda with just a regular dash, and then updating it with additional skoda add on's from the internet? make it look a bit newer?

Im a gadget sort of person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Just to add that my Da used to have an Ocatavia and my mother has a Fabia estate.

Was insured on both and their great cars. Octavia was more fun to drive it is very spacious as a saloon car with plenty of room and comfort. Have driven friends in it too, half way across the country and people were commenting on how comfortable it was for the long drive.

Would recommend one to anyone.

• Advertisement

oxygen wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply guys. Ill have a look around English websites, see what they have. Have either of ye seen someone buying an second hand skoda with just a regular dash, and then updating it with additional skoda add on's from the internet? make it look a bit newer?

Im a gadget sort of person

Make it look a bit newer? What kind of add ons?

You can retrofit things like sat nav's and OEM bluetooth but you're looking at big bills to do this. You can buy Skoda accessories - Often see them on www.seat-factory.de. Stock changes or Skoda website will have stuff too.

EPM wrote: »
    Make it look a bit newer? What kind of add ons?

You can retrofit things like sat nav's and OEM bluetooth but you're looking at big bills to do this. You can buy Skoda accessories - Often see them on www.seat-factory.de. Stock changes or Skoda website will have stuff too.

Yea, I was kinda thinking like retrofitting a new skoda make 7 inch lcd touch screen with bluetooth and gps built in. I would think something like this wouldnt be too expensive (like changing a car radio), and fits the skoda since its built for it, and makes the car look like a new car, with the optional extras.

Am I way off on this?

Yup - Unit can be picked up for about a grand way on fleabay, from dealer I wouldn't expect much change from €2k, it will have to be wired up with a new arial etc which involves removal of a lot of trim, same story with the OEM bluetooth and multifunction display. Parts for these aren't too bad (lads on a SEAT forum have done it to Leons which the same basically) maybe about €500 but again labour involved as the dash is stripped.

I'd say if you wanted a dealer to do the work you would be honestly looking at the wrong side of €4k

Alternatively get a parrot kit and a tom tom:D

EDIT - Bluetooth: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=139417&highlight=retrofit+bluetooth

Sat Nav: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=139255&highlight=retrofit+sat+nav

ouch, I didnt think it would some to that much.

Advertisement