Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepay CSD / HSCSD

• 30-06-2009 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Ok, this is driving me to the brink of insanity at this point!!
    I currently have a windows mobile device (SE X1) and i'm trying to use a csd/hscsd connection on it on Vodafone Prepay...
    I should mention I've checked all the settings in the sticky's and scanned the rest of the site including countless vodafone employees...
    The end result seems to be that the prepay service doesn't support this and i'd have to go to billpay to use it... this would be fair enough, but I distinctly remember using this on vodafone prepay before, a couple years or so back, and it did work (albeit slowly...) so i don't know how it won't now?!
    Basically, i'm wondering does anyone know if this is possible on Vodafone prepay, or prepay on any network?? (I have a terrible fear of Billpay!! :P :) )

Cheers all!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Why do you want to use the old and defunct CSD type connection? A lot of phones don't even include it anymore

Is it just that you're not aware of the new method, with access points instead of phone numbers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

zacseph wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Ok, this is driving me to the brink of insanity at this point!!
    I currently have a windows mobile device (SE X1) and i'm trying to use a csd/hscsd connection on it on Vodafone Prepay...
    I should mention I've checked all the settings in the sticky's and scanned the rest of the site including countless vodafone employees...
    The end result seems to be that the prepay service doesn't support this and i'd have to go to billpay to use it... this would be fair enough, but I distinctly remember using this on vodafone prepay before, a couple years or so back, and it did work (albeit slowly...) so i don't know how it won't now?!
    Basically, i'm wondering does anyone know if this is possible on Vodafone prepay, or prepay on any network?? (I have a terrible fear of Billpay!! :P :) )

Does Vodafone actually still support HCSD?

Anyway, there are no real settings, only the phone number and possibly a username/password.

What phone number are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

IIRC, HSCSD was not offered to prepaid customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭zacseph

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Why do you want to use the old and defunct CSD type connection? A lot of phones don't even include it anymore

Is it just that you're not aware of the new method, with access points instead of phone numbers?

well, it's a bit over complicated, but yes i'm well aware of the new methods... i'll pm you as to why i wanna do this... :)

It's just that having done it before, i know it SHOULD be possible... just looking for anyone who DOES use it, or knows how it might work...

Also, have tried the numbers listed on the connection settings sticky - there were a few different ones there i think but tried them all...

Advertisement