Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job offer in the US, what visa ?

Options
  • 30-06-2009 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I'm currently applying for a job in another part of the company I work in. I'm a contractor at the moment and this role is permanent so I'll be working for the company. New job and new contract.

Can anyone tell me what sort of visa I need or is there something the company in the US can apply for ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

KTRIC wrote: »
    I'm currently applying for a job in another part of the company I work in. I'm a contractor at the moment and this role is permanent so I'll be working for the company. New job and new contract.

Can anyone tell me what sort of visa I need or is there something the company in the US can apply for ?

The company will have to apply for a H1B for you, that is only something the company can do you cannot initiate it.

There is also something called an L-1 visa which is used for people who transfer to a company's offices in the US from outside the US, not sure if that would fit you though as you are moving from outside contractor to employee.

I'd ask the company what the story is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

The company will have to apply for a H1B for you, that is only something the company can do you cannot initiate it.

There is also something called an L-1 visa which is used for people who transfer to a company's offices in the US from outside the US, not sure if that would fit you though as you are moving from outside contractor to employee.

I'd ask the company what the story is.

That sounds about right, its a new position.

I'll ask them about the H1B visa when they get back to me.

Advertisement