Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Post to England

Options
  • 30-06-2009 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

I sent something to Derby on June 18th with regular Parcel Post from An Post. (33 euro for 3.2Kg!) Anyway, it's still not gotten there despite the estimate from them of 3 days. I hear the English postal service is quite poor at the moment but I'm wondering if there's a good chance it's gone forever now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Same As

Could have been held at customs and thus delayed, they can be fairly stringent on heavier goods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Customs don't routinely stop parcels going between EU countries, unless they think there's something suspect/illegal about it. Even then, a quick open and inspection would have it on it's way again.

Without tracking, you've no way to know what happened to it, so it's either arrived and the recipient is lying, or it's gone. Gone could mean it was delivered to the wrong address, it got shipped to a wrong country, it's down the back of a pile of "lost" post, etc. You can file a request with An Post to have it looked into, but you've about a 1 in a million chance of finding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Pfff it was delivered 2 days after posting...eejits where I sent it obviously didn't look to hard for it when I called.

Advertisement