Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linking to YouTube videos

Options
  • 30-06-2009 3:29pm

I'm not sure whether to put this in Helpdesk or here; I'm always confused between the two.

What's the stance taken by Boards on linking to YouTube videos (ones which may not be legally allowed to be on YouTube) in posts? For example, I'm interested in linking to a documentary that's on YouTube in 6 or so parts: am I allowed to do so? I don't know whether the person on YouTube has the right to upload that video, which is where the problem lies I guess.

Thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

generally, I think, it's youtubes problem, unless there is something in the vids that would break the rules here. That's just my impression mind, the admins may say different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I just wish people would bother to look up how YouTube videos should be linked to, instead of big white squares everywhere.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If Youtube is happy with it, we are too. It will get nailed pretty fast on YT if its bold so I'm happy to rely on their ethics in this matter.

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    If Youtube is happy with it, we are too. It will get nailed pretty fast on YT if its bold so I'm happy to rely on their ethics in this matter.

DeV.

That answers my question perfectly, thanks DeVore.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    I just wish people would bother to look up how YouTube videos should be linked to, instead of big white squares everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

And preview your posts before posting if you have a youtube link in there.
    Sometimes embedding is disabled so make sure that it plays in the preview post window. If it doesn't play there it won't play on the thread.

Advertisement