Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden Pallets how to get rid of them

Options
  • 30-06-2009 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

I have 4 full size pallets of different sizes left in my garden(after a build). does anyone know of anyone/company that collects them.?...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭*Derek*

NedKelly wrote: »
    I have 4 full size pallets of different sizes left in my garden(after a build). does anyone know of anyone/company that collects them.?...

Where are you based? I know a man in Cork that collects them. Also look up goldenpages look for pallet company and ring them. If there blue Chep will send courier to collect them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭NedKelly

Im in South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

might be a long shot but i think there is a thing on waste.ie where you can advertise things like this.

You never know someone might be looking for some pallets and be willing to take them off you.

other than that break them down and bring them to your local recycling centre. if its only 4 pallets wont be much timber and does not take much to break thm up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Right you might think I am taking the p1ss but I am not! knock into the rented house next door to you and ask them do they want to burn them! I did and they did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Why didnt you burn them?

• Advertisement

i cant burn them i live in a residential estate
    and i have gas heating

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

NedKelly wrote: »
    i cant burn them i live in a residential estate
    and i have gas heating

Stupid dublin.

any other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Well... there is a fella on the left hand side 5 miles before you get to Virginia on the N3 who will happily take them.

First left after the guest house I think. Anyway if you fancy a drive on Sunday takes about an hour....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 beecashman

Ned,

Where about are you in Dublin, i take those pallets off your hands if you still have them asnd they are in fairly good condition. I will of course come and collect them.

Thanks,

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

A few wooden pallets are ideal to make your own DIY compost heap, perfect for all your grass cuttings and kitchen waste. One for the base, three upright pallets for the sides and leave the front and top open. I have made one and it's great. Bit of old carpet on top to stop it getting too wet and to keep the heat in.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭irelandhouse

your local builders merchant may take them back for you.

the standard pallets are usually taken away from them for recycling

the cement, usually either blue are marked, are returned directly to the cement companies, they are about a tenner each!

just ask them usually does the trick!

Advertisement