Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My First Car - how do I show it some TLC?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

phasers wrote: »
    I need a new jack actually, my dad broke my flimsy little standard one, thinking of one of those iron cross ones.
    A jack or a wheel brace? The cross ones are good but will end up clanging around in your boot (unless its full of other crap)
    phasers wrote: »
    I just bought a car a couple of months ago, and the bolts on the wheel were on so tight no human could possibly remove them. Such a pain when I got a puncture, I had to drive to the garage on a flat!
    Keep a long metal pipe in the boot - wide enough to fit onto your wheel brace and long enough to provide leverage to open the nuts.

A word of advice to all (not just the wimmins) - don't let tyre centres use the air gun to put on your wheels if you want to be able to get them off yourself. Furthermore, these will most likely not be torqued to suit your alloy rims and could end up causing cracks in your alloys!

Advertisement