Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photography work exp.

• 30-06-2009 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi I recently got accepted to Limerick Senior College photography course and have to do a Min. of 10 days work exp.

I've called a pile of Photographers and Local newspapers with no avail can anyone help?

oh yeah anywhere in the Limerick region would be preferable.

Any tips/help would be greatly appreciated,
    thanks. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

tis not easy, i know in dublin its even difficult and there must be tons more photographers here. a few on boards might take ya on for a few days here and there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Galv79

tis not easy, i know in dublin its even difficult and there must be tons more photographers here. a few on boards might take ya on for a few days here and there

Tell me about it ha ha, I've called about 15 people today with no joy.
    I thought people would snap at the chance for FREE hard working labour :D.

Oh well I'll just keep pounding the streets till something snares....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I'm assuming by your name you year of birth was 79...On the off chance it wasn't,And you've finished school this year contact your career guidance teacher,He might be able to give you details of past employers.These will hopefully have good experience with other students from your school and hopefully take you on.I know it's summer but you can usually find a home number for your principal or vice principal or career guidance and i'm sure they'd be happy to help

If you name does represent your year of birth,I'd get together a quick portfolio and visit a few studios in town,IMO if a photographer see's your work displayed nicely in a portfolio he know's you're serious about this,More so than the small amount of work that goes into looking through a phonebook for a number and ringing,Some might still turn you down but i'd say you'd have more of a chance..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Galv79

Ricky91t wrote: »
    I'm assuming by your name you year of birth was 79...On the off chance it wasn't,And you've finished school this year contact your career guidance teacher,He might be able to give you details of past employers.These will hopefully have good experience with other students from your school and hopefully take you on.I know it's summer but you can usually find a home number for your principal or vice principal or career guidance and i'm sure they'd be happy to help

If you name does represent your year of birth,I'd get together a quick portfolio and visit a few studios in town,IMO if a photographer see's your work displayed nicely in a portfolio he know's you're serious about this,More so than the small amount of work that goes into looking through a phonebook for a number and ringing,Some might still turn you down but i'd say you'd have more of a chance..

Yip Ricky,
    I am a mature student, just got made redundant and thought it was my chance to leave the ground hog day life and do something for myself.

I have a portfolio that it used for the college interview which I will deff use while searching for work.

Thanks for the tips

galv79

Advertisement