Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which position...

Options
  • 30-06-2009 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

So I've just started and most of my team are ****e with the exception of my scrumhalf.

I've got a few lads that seem to fit the profile for a few different positions, or at least the stats would suggest it. One of my props, while being heavy enough for a prop, also seems to be one of my best centres. Should I follow the stats and make him a beast of a centre or should I go with the norm and have him as a handy loose head?

Can players play any position the stats allow or is there something I'm missing? I'm finding it hard at this stage to tell the difference between some of the lads, they're all so mediocre and my starting default line-up left a lot to be desired.

Comments

yeah, I bought some players and I'm not too sure where to put them...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

So I've just started and most of my team are ****e with the exception of my scrumhalf.

I've got a few lads that seem to fit the profile for a few different positions, or at least the stats would suggest it. One of my props, while being heavy enough for a prop, also seems to be one of my best centres. Should I follow the stats and make him a beast of a centre or should I go with the norm and have him as a handy loose head?

Can players play any position the stats allow or is there something I'm missing? I'm finding it hard at this stage to tell the difference between some of the lads, they're all so mediocre and my starting default line-up left a lot to be desired.

Trial and error really. Use you friendlies to try different things. I've bought front rowers who turned out to be great flankers or back rowers who turned out to be great centres. It'll take a while but you'll find whats best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

So there is something I'm missing between the lines, or rather it's also about a general feel for the player rather than just the maths.

Does experience go towards a certain position?
    I mean, in the real world someone who's played loose head prop all his life is going to be at a serious disadvantage if he's suddenly swapped to tight head for a game, because even though both positions require similar build, the tricks of the trade are quite different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I've seen no evidence to suggest that that's the case frankie - the game engine just isn't that sophisticated. My best outhalf is also my best hooker :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I've seen no evidence to suggest that that's the case frankie - the game engine just isn't that sophisticated. My best outhalf is also my best hooker :rolleyes:

My best player who plays 2nd row is also my best kicker ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Excellent, gonna have one of my props go on a mad Jona Lomu (sp?) when he feels like a trot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Redneck Nukes

A few teams I've seen have got 110kg + inside centres. I'm trying it atm with a good player who's discipline is bad and he's doing ok despite being 115 odd kgs. He still gives away the odd penalty but not as many as he would in the pack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

My 10 is 116kg:eek:

Advertisement