Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Lady Doctor in Portmarnock/Malahide/Swords

Options
  • 30-06-2009 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

Hi all,

I posted this in the Ladies Lounge a few weeks ago but no answer back so thought maybe might get more luck here. I'm looking for a nice lady doctor in the Portmarnock/Malahide/Swords/Baldoyle etc areas. Nice being the important word as I recently had a very uncomfortable dealing with my new doctor in Clarehall. Rude and cold are not qualities I like in a doctor. If anyone here knows of a nice female doctor near me please could you tell me here or PM me? Thanks so much, so far I've only gotten male doctor recommendations but it really is a lady doctor I would prefer. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Clodagh Brennan and Lucy Lynham both work in Ridgewood medical centre (behind the Tesco express) in Swords. They were both in my class at college and can't recommend them highly enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

DR. Joanne Dundon
    20 The Rise
    Melrose Park
    Kinsealy
    Swords
    Co Dublin

01 8405940

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

DR. Joanne Dundon
    20 The Rise
    Melrose Park
    Kinsealy
    Swords
    Co Dublin

01 8405940

Thanks, very near to me too. Have you dealt with her personally?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I go to Rosaleen O'Kelly in Brackenstown. She's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Mrs Wishbone Ash has been using Dr Anne Devitt for many years (not to be confused with the County Councillor of the same name).

She (the wife) maintains that she's the best GP in North County Dublin.

(I'm not sure if she is taking new patients though as she's always 'full').

Devitt Dr Anne
    The Plaza Clinic
    Main st
    Swords
    Co. Dublin
    (01)8902414

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Corb wrote: »
    Thanks, very near to me too. Have you dealt with her personally?

yes and i think she's lovely but i'm not a woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

I am also with doctor Anne Devitt in the plaza. My mum took me to her and I have kept her as my own GP now 24 years on...

They are always full and busy but she gives you all the time you need. no feeling of being rushed in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 autumngirl

Try Dr. Valerie Flood in portmarnock shopping arcade opposite the church in portmarnock very thorough and very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Have to agree with Larianne, Rosaleen is top notch, been going to her about 12 years, shes our family gp now, my mother has a long time illness and she has been fantastic with her and anyone of us when we needed her

DR. Rosaleen O Kelly

ADDRESS:
    28 Brackenstown Village
    Swords
    Co Dublin
    PHONE: 01 8403275
    FAX: 01 8409688

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

autumngirl wrote: »
    Try Dr. Valerie Flood in portmarnock shopping arcade opposite the church in portmarnock very thorough and very nice

The bf goes to Valerie, and thinks she is great, I've just moved to Swords recently so am looking for a doctor and will try her when I need to see a doctor.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

nouggatti wrote: »
    The bf goes to Valerie, and thinks she is great, I've just moved to Swords recently so am looking for a doctor and will try her when I need to see a doctor.
    I'll give a third recommendation for her. She spotted symptoms for me that no other doctor I had went to did. Professional but easy to talk to.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Just as an fyi Rosaleen O'Kelly is not taking on new patients, but Anne Devitt is taking on private patients their medical card list is full

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

Can anyone recommend a lady doctor in Malahide that's good and friendly and taking on new clients? I've been going to the same male doctor for years in the village but my girlfriend would prefer a female doctor, she's being going to the one in Clarehall but isn't all that happy with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭muffy

Michael B wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a lady doctor in Malahide that's good and friendly and taking on new clients? I've been going to the same male doctor for years in the village but my girlfriend would prefer a female doctor, she's being going to the one in Clarehall but isn't all that happy with her.

There is a nice lady in Malahide Medical Centre on called Dr Jai, she is young and I found her good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

Thanks for that muffy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Theressa O' Brian or Tess Larkin in the Borimbe Medical Centre: both kind and considerate doctors. Very understanding and easy to talk to. :)

Advertisement