Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fan belts for a ride on lawnmower

• 30-06-2009 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

hope this is in the correct place, but I'm looking to get a new V belt - drive belt for a lawnmower, anyone got any advice on the best value//location? thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Can you get the dimensions off the belt?

It should be something like avx13x1950. I would say any agri dealers but not sure they would be that common in Dublin.

If you do get the belt size you should be able to order it in an indy auto factors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

thanks,

can you explain the dimension, one measurement is the wide width of the belt, is the other the lenght of the belt or the inside diameter, as far as I remember its the inside diameter with the belt being held tight is that correct? whay is the AV bit in your sample measurement?

I cant read a number on it as its too worn, can you suggest an indy firm please? thank you again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Now Im not sure of what the AV means but I think it basically means that it is a v belt.

The width is measured at the outside of the belt. 13mm would be a common size on cars.

The length would be on the outside I imagine. If the belt is snapped just lay it out flat and take a measurement. Dont forget you should have the option of a bit of adjustment either way. They normally come in 25mm increments..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Just rip the thing off and throw it on the counter of your nearest motor factors.
    If they don't have it (or a similar one) they should at least be able to point you into the direction of a possible supplier.

(just make sure you only mention the word "lawnmower" nearer the end of the conversation and not at the beginning :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Stoner,
    McHugh and Kramp do these in Dublin.
    http://www.mchugh-kramp.ie/

they also have the best prices on them too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭powerfarmer

What type of mower is is off?
    Some mowers made by MTD use weird belts that are not commonly available , and are expensive from MTD dealers.
    OR Kubota use a kevlar reinforced type belt standard type ones wont last pi**ing time.

A good engineering suppliers should have something suitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

thanks all, I cant remember the name of it, its new enough, the last one we had was made by Craft, very hard to get parts for, so dont worry i wont mention its for a mower, i hate them all, every time i go to use it the last MoFo who was in the house before me broke it and said nothing.

Advertisement