Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

206 Head Gasket?

• 30-06-2009 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Just changed my timing belt few days ago, and now I found there s oil leaks underneath somewhere of the engine. so took a jetwash, the engine parts looks nice and clean now. discoveried on the left corner there s very small oil leak. garage says is the head gasket problem. I also found the oil level is too high on the dipstick, its above the Max that mark. maybe 1cm higher, thats too much I think, the lad did my t/belt put in too much oil, that may cause the problem? Just wondering how much in total I should pay for a head gasket replacement? I got quote from the UK for cheap but its too far. anyone knows any irish lad can do it cheap? not a mad price? somewhere around leinster is better, but I still can travel if everything can be done in a day.

regards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Kang wrote: »
    Just changed my timing belt few days ago, and now I found there s oil leaks underneath somewhere of the engine. so took a jetwash, the engine parts looks nice and clean now. discoveried on the left corner there s very small oil leak. garage says is the head gasket problem. I also found the oil level is too high on the dipstick, its above the Max that mark. maybe 1cm higher, thats too much I think, the lad did my t/belt put in too much oil, that may cause the problem? Just wondering how much in total I should pay for a head gasket replacement? I got quote from the UK for cheap but its too far. anyone knows any irish lad can do it cheap? not a mad price? somewhere around leinster is better, but I still can travel if everything can be done in a day.

regards

Firstly what engine is in your P206? is it the 1.4 16V? as there is a known issue with this engine where it does leak oil from the HG. As far as i know Peugeot have upgraded the gasket and have definitely lowered its price to only €40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Kang

well its a 1.1 engine only, so unlucky its not the 1.4 16v, the 16v also has the similar leaking problem - also leaks at the left corner I remember. should I get a new engine instead change the HG? a 2nd hand engine think its around 250 euro with low mileage. learnt one thing - I wont get another Peugeot anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I don't get this, what sort of mechanic ignores a head gasket problem and does a timing belt change anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Kang

ye u didnt get this - it happened AFTER he changed the t/belt for me - he put too much oil into the engine, and I didnt notice that until the HG start leaking due to too much oil. the engine wasnt leaking before. but i can not proof thats his fault cause I know him so didnt get any receipt when the t/belt done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭garyegt

i had the same problem with my 206, the HG was well and truly fooked. so i sold the car for 900 with no nct or nothin:D said it too, stay away from french pos, not good news.

go jap. cheap powerful and reliable. thats my reccomendation;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

If your around west dublin you could give Gala Engineering (Dan Daily) in dunshaughlin. Last time i was in with them getting a head fixed, was chatting to mark and he had a P307 in for the same problem (although that was the 1.4 engine). They know their engines and have a no nonsense approach.

Advertisement