Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery Drill with 110 Charger

Options
  • 30-06-2009 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

Are there any battery drills that come with a charger that would allow them to be charged from a 110 transformer on a building site?

Could have sworn i saw a bosch charger plugged into the traffo on the last project i was on, was i seeing things?

Cheers

P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 1635barry

probably bought it in the states id say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

yea i get my dewalt stuff from the states all 110
    i just swap it with someone who works in a engineering plant everything there is 110 and they get 220 chargers with the drills so theyre spare happy days all round!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭LeotheLion

I got a 110 V charger from the states before,the 2 little prong type plug,Just cut the american style plug off it and bought a yellow standard 110V site plug stuck it on and was able to charge it on site transformer's was deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

LeotheLion wrote: »
    I got a 110 V charger from the states before,the 2 little prong type plug,Just cut the american style plug off it and bought a yellow standard 110V site plug stuck it on and was able to charge it on site transformer's was deadly.

That worked yeah? is there not a difference in the supply from the transformer on site vs the normal 220 supply? 3 phase vs 1 phase or something? (not a sparks sorry)

Any of you guys ever bought online from the states before and could reccomend a site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

a 110v charger would prob be the handiest for site work.i used a standalone car battery and inverter for charging batteries for a long time . i believe there can be issues with 'quasi' sine wave supplies and battery chargers so wouldn't like to recommend it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭LeotheLion

Yeah it works perfect to this day,well the transformer takes the 220 v from your domestic type socket and supplies an output of 110 v out the other side of it,thats all thats needed as USA domestic sockets are 110 v
    That worked yeah? is there not a difference in the supply from the transformer on site vs the normal 220 supply? 3 phase vs 1 phase or something? (not a sparks sorry)

Any of you guys ever bought online from the states before and could reccomend a site?

Advertisement