Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eating out in Youghal.

Options
  • 30-06-2009 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

The wife and two young boys and myself are heading to youghal next week. What are the best value restaurants for the four of us for evening meals. Early birds and the like. Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

Ahernes seafood restaurant is too expensive.

Tides, on the right, just after the greyhound track, coming from Cork, is nice enough but a bit pricey also.

Coming from the Cork direction, when you drive through the town, just beside the clock tower, on the right, there's a restaurant (can't remember the name), on the corner of the square. Nice grub, about E10 for the main meal. I recommend the fish 'n chips which consists of cod goujouns in light batter with thick chips and a side salad. Avoid the place across the road. My daughter had sausages there that smelled and tasted "gone-off".

Also, the hotel in Redbarn is nice for family food. It's about 2 miles on the Cork side of Youghal. Coming from Cork take a right, it's sign-posted. Has a sandy beach next to it.

I reckon in these places it will cost you 50 euro for a dinner for all, with minerals.

There's another place on the Cork side called Greenes. Never ate there but heard it's nice but expensive. It's a garden centre as well and has a nice (expensive) shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

IMO Youghal is the most depressing/depressed town in Ireland - Mitchelstown comes a close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Stugots

There are several inexpensive options near the clock gate.

Doyles - takeaway chipper and family restaurant next door - t-bone ~E18
    Tajmahal - indian, main courses about ~14. A bit dull inside, but food is good.
    Capri Bay - haven't eaten there in quite a while, but a lot of people like it.
    Bella Roma - italian fare, a little more upmarket.

Further up town, also on the main street, there are:
    Pak Fook - chinese, reasonably priced.
    Roma grill - chipper with eat-in area.

In the strand area you have
    Tides - bar food and early bird menu now advertised
    Sea view - chinese.

Another place to eat is the golf club. There's no bother about whether you're a member or not and the views are spectacular. Prices are reasonable. Main courses 10-15, steaks approx 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Thanks for the advice folks. Appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Coolaboy wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice folks. Appreciated.

Check out the Old Imperial Hotel - its up on the North Main Street and its very good and not too pricy in the bar. Excellent fish etc and has kids meals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement