Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm Potiential this week?

Options
  • 30-06-2009 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hello all,
    Well, with the breakdown of the humid weather this week, are we in for an interesting few days near the weekend? What are the chances of a storm and what are the parts of the country most likely to see any lightning
    Just want to know if it's worthwhile charging my camera's battery..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,485 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Thursday and Friday look fairly good, depending on where you are of course, for instance, I won't be seeing any here. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Wella

:). thanks MT. I've just finished charging the batteries actually. If anything does happen, and I manage to get a capture, I'll let you know.

Here's hopin' ....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

From Friday onwards looks like there will be some potential alright. Sunday could be pretty thundery.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

intence thunderstorm activity now moving north wards through west mayo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

North Roscommon and South Leitrim bearing the brunt of it now from the Radar.

• Advertisement

Very heavy rain in S Kilkenny atm.
    What's the likelyhood of further storms here tonight? The sky is very dark and threatening now, still feeling humid.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,485 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Rest of this evening and overnight, main chance for lightning in the northwest and perhaps moving into the southeast later, anything around at present in Kilkenny should die off. Friday, would be watching for some thunderstorms to develop in your area around mid-day to early afternoon. This energy can be seen on satellite imagery about 17 W at the moment moving steadily towards southwest Ireland. As this is the air-mass changing front, I expect it to get more electrified as it hits land. Would agree that more action may develop over the weekend as unstable cooler air moves across the country. Might make for better cloud shots with the humidity flushed out.

Rest of this evening and overnight, main chance for lightning in the northwest and perhaps moving into the southeast later, anything around at present in Kilkenny should die off. Friday, would be watching for some thunderstorms to develop in your area around mid-day to early afternoon. This energy can be seen on satellite imagery about 17 W at the moment moving steadily towards southwest Ireland. As this is the air-mass changing front, I expect it to get more electrified as it hits land. Would agree that more action may develop over the weekend as unstable cooler air moves across the country. Might make for better cloud shots with the humidity flushed out.

thanks a million MT. :D

Advertisement