Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software for Creating Rhythem Tracks

• 30-06-2009 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Can someone advise me what is the best software for creating a simple count, like a metronome click, for a string of quarter, eighth and sixteenth notes?

Basically, I want to transcribe some complicated rhythems into a software package and slow the bpm way down to practice them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Guitar Pro and Powertab shud do the job

ptev17_800x600.gif

and Rhythm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Yep, I recommend Guitar Pro. I use the Speed Trainer feature a lot when learning new songs (and when trying to remember songs that I've forgotten how to play ;) ).

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭shanejunkin

Thanks a million guys!! I'll try those out...

Do you know where I can download innate rhythm?

Do you know where I can download innate rhythm?
    I've never heard of that program. Are you sure that's the name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Hammerhead is a nice free, albeit very limited, drum machine. Give it a go?

http://www.threechords.com/hammerhead/

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Hammerhead is a nice free, albeit very limited, drum machine. Give it a go?

http://www.threechords.com/hammerhead/
    Along those lines there is the Hydrogen Drum Machine which is open source and primarily aimed at Linux but there is a Windows build available.

malice_ wrote: »
    I've never heard of that program. Are you sure that's the name?

Sorry, was going for a little joke there.... if I had innate rhythm I wouldn't need these software packages to aid me!!

Sorry, was going for a little joke there.... if I had innate rhythm I wouldn't need these software packages to aid me!!
    :D Ah okay that makes sense now. It sounds like a good name for a software package though doesn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

i call copyright

it actually does sound like a good name for a program....oh i need to make a new youtube video

• Advertisement

Yeah, it does... even a good album name.

Thanks for the tip on Guitar Pro guys... It's very good for learning songs.

I see some software packages aimed at training and practicing rhythm, some even "score" you and don't allow you progress to harder sections until you've mastered the simpler ones.

Also, they tend to play you rhythms and ask you to tap them back, marking your accuracy.

Anyone got a recommendation for these types of software? I downloaded one but it was pretty poor. However, the concept interests me.

Thanks for the tip on Guitar Pro guys... It's very good for learning songs.

I see some software packages aimed at training and practicing rhythm, some even "score" you and don't allow you progress to harder sections until you've mastered the simpler ones.

Also, they tend to play you rhythms and ask you to tap them back, marking your accuracy.

Anyone got a recommendation for these types of software? I downloaded one but it was pretty poor. However, the concept interests me.
    If you've got Guitar Pro how about using the built-in Speed Trainer? You can loop sections repeatedly at a slow pace to build up your accuracy and then loop them at a fast pace to build up speed. You'll have to use your own discipline for moving between sections ;).
    As for tapping along to rhythms do you mean tapping along to drum beats? If so, you could play the drums sections solo and tap along or something.

Yeah, you're right, I'll just use the speed training section on Guitar Pro and some discipline!

Thanks for the tips...

Advertisement