Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Californian debating attending UCD Smurfit this fall...

Options
  • 30-06-2009 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hello,

A few months ago I applied for the MSc Finance programme at UCD Smurfit and was accepted to study this September. I have been very excited and planning my financial expenses for the next year until I began seeing more and more articles regarding the economic situation in Ireland. I'm excited to study for a second time in another country, this time being Ireland and not Hong Kong, and look for employment outside of the United States. However, the recent news regarding the economic recovery time seems quite daunting and worries me that I would not be able to find a job in Ireland, the UK or the EU one year from now. Afterall, it is a very large investment on my part to attend UCD as a foreign student and having to deal with an unfavorable exchange rate unlike a favorable situation in China.

For those of you living in Ireland and the EU I want to know your personal assessments on the current economic, employment, and college graduate situations along with your opinions of UCD Smurfit's MSc Finance programme and its international appeal in case Ireland's economy proves to be too tough of a climate.

Thank you very much and I'm sure I will have many more questions later.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

If you are looking at making your investment back in less then 5 years then its not worth it.

Advertisement