Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hdip Psych

• 30-06-2009 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hey!!

I got accepted to do the Hdip in Psychology. I'm excited and nervous! Has anyone done this conversion course? Tell me what you can!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Which one? Congrats, btw.

I did mine in TCD. It's pretty intense..

• Registered Users Posts: 36 siobhanlleher

UCC! I haven't done any psychology modules before...! I'm hoping to read up over the summer. Any advise with regard books... maybe a good overall introduction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

UCC! I haven't done any psychology modules before...! I'm hoping to read up over the summer. Any advise with regard books... maybe a good overall introduction

Try, Opening Skinner's Box by Lauren Slater. It's the perfect introduction to modern psychology as you probably encounter it through your college studies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Doghouse

Congrats! I did the HDip Psych but not in UCC. It's definitely a lot of work but really interesting. An idea might be to get a basic 'introduction to psychology' style book such as this. It'd be a good introduction to different parts of the course and I'm sure you'd get some use out of it over the next two years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

You could politely email the course director or one of the executive officers of the dept to see if they can forward you a reading list ahead of time. Amazon UK have second hand textbooks and you can save a fair bit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement