Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Removing small dents from car

• 30-06-2009 7:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭

so some of the local brats were playing a game involving a tennis ball last week, it hit my car twice leaving tiny dents that are barely noticable unless the car is clean and its sunny, there no more than an inch wide and only go in a little, but it annoys me, whats the best way to pop them back out ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

so some of the local brats were playing a game involving a tennis ball last week, it hit my car twice leaving tiny dents that are barely noticable unless the car is clean and its sunny, there no more than an inch wide and only go in a little, but it annoys me, whats the best way to pop them back out ?

Sounds like PDR (paintless dent removal) would work quite well here. It can be done if the paintwork isn't damaged and they just gently massage the dent out from the inside. They generally charge per panel but I don't know who does it around your neck of the woods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

You could try going into BnQ and getting a glass panel lifter - these are the heavy duty sucking pads. Get one about 2 inches in diameter and you might be able to pop them out yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

If its not a double panel you could try removing the panel and push it out from behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

egan007 wrote: »
    You could try going into BnQ and getting a glass panel lifter - these are the heavy duty sucking pads. Get one about 2 inches in diameter and you might be able to pop them out yourself.

Careful now.

2215600420_c2b33af681.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

nice ride there bt

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

dent magic are brilliant. not sure of their charges to the public but afaik they charge €50 per panel in the trade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Ive had mixed results from the dent removers in halfords. €30 for a stick of wax and a rope? They tend to leave marks on the car too.

I recommend that paintless dent removal company, seen there ad on the city channel, looks good.

Advertisement