Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6300 - memory disappeared???

• 30-06-2009 7:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

The 'memory' section in my Nokia 6300 disappeared after I tried to download the pics to my computer?

Ya know when you go into 'Gallery' and scroll down to 'Memory' - that has now gone from the phone! ...and the pics I had stored in it are gone too (not on the computer either)?!

PLUS...when I try to use the camera on the phone it states "Memory Full", then - "92.5kB memory available. Free some memory?"

(But there is loads of free memory? Why does the camera not work now too?)

Whats going on with it?!?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Do you have a memeory card in it per chance?

i suspect its fooked and not the phone. Its under the metal backing, in the right hand side as you look at the back of the phone.

Change settings to use 'phone memory' in the camera settings and try take a video then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Yes, the memory card is in the phone.
    I've tried what you said re the camera, but still tells me that 'memory full', and camera wont work?!

Is a new memory card expensive? Available in an mobile phone shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭cwboy

check memory card is properly inserted at the back. i had one come slightly disconnected which may cause your problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Silvera wrote: »
    Yes, the memory card is in the phone.
    I've tried what you said re the camera, but still tells me that 'memory full', and camera wont work?!

Is a new memory card expensive? Available in an mobile phone shop?

I new memory card is quite cheap. you could get a 1 or 2 gb card for a few euro delivered.

Try taking the card out and putting back in. Make sure you try the settings on 'store to memory card' and store to 'phone memory'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Thanks for the help Davy and cwboy!

I reckon I may just buy a new memory card. (Have seen a 2GB verbatim micro SD card for sale on burnit.ie for €8.99).

Cheers,
    Silvera.

• Advertisement
Advertisement