Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Dog Communications/Company

• 30-06-2009 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Alright guys,
    Sorry might have the wrong section but a mate of mine is Meteor Bill pay , he recieved a bill of 182 euro and 152 was going to some premium number 57250.

Now he has never signed up for any competition etc. He rang Comm regtel and they said it was a company by the name of Black Dog ? Has anyone had dealings like this with said company ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

http://www.regtel.ie/index.php#frm

Short Code 57250

Service Provider BlackDog Communications

Telephone 0044 818 286 600

customercare@theblack-dog.com

Their is new codes of practices coming on stream for this type of thing, with fines of up to a quarter of a million. This company seems to be in the uk going by the phone number.

this is their website: http://www.theblack-dog.com/

Read the regtel site, its got all the info you need

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Cheers for the reply davy will get my mate on to them tomorrow , question is now will this crowd refund his money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

RVN10 wrote: »
    Cheers for the reply davy will get my mate on to them tomorrow , question is now will this crowd refund his money?

Well basically you are meant to contact them for the details, they have need to tell you when you subscribed to their service. If you did not subscribe you have to report them to regtel, just email them the details: info@regtel.ie

But you need to get the time and date from black dog of when he subscribed! If they cannot tell you, follow up with action.

The code of practice will hopefully avoid this type of thing. Every operator will have to be fully licensed, i just hope they control companies that are operating in ireland but based elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

hi RVN10.MY husband is in the same boat as your friend was a few month,s ago. he did not sign to anything, read my post to see what you think. how did you get on? is it sorted ?

Advertisement