Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightmare Cisco Router

Options
  • 30-06-2009 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have been configuring a Cisco router over the past few days and it has been a disaster to get working.
    NAT translation not fully working for me and cant get VPN through.

I am coming around to admiring those who configure them.
    The SDM is there to be used but it will never replaced the IOS as there is so much configuring in it.

I am having another bash tonit, while I try not to knock the internet and mail for everybody in the morning...

Here goes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Are these not made purposly difficult to confige so you need to pay out 10k to be certified?? My business partner in the Irish Technology Group would be happy to give you a few pointers if your stuck.. Let us know how you get on...

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

yes I think they make them hard on purpose - very clever of Cisco

There is a support contract you can get for 300Euro for a year, which I tink will become very valuable - the Cisco team from India can remotely dial in and help you.

Advertisement